Albany to Los Angeles Moving Companies
The relocation from Albany to Los Angeles can be a grueling 2817 miles journey if you do not go for the right moving company. Professional Albany to Los Angeles movers can make the trip less of a hustle and ensure that items get to the destination in one piece. Here is a quick look at the costs and nitty-gritty of your relocation across the distance.
What is the Cost of Relocating from Albany to Los Angeles?
While the cost per mile may be cheaper than the relocation to a shorter distance, there may be other requirements for the long journey. The price is also dependent on the size of your home, the number of extra hands you may need to help pack and load, unpack and unload, and storage and moving insurance. Here is the cost breakdown.
- Cost per mile (2 men and a truck rates): $0.7-$1.5 (2817 miles) =$2817
- Packing service: $30-$50 for each labor hour (may take 4hrs for two movers.) (Costs of packing materials may be priced separately = (50 x4x2) = $400. The charges may go up if you need extra hands to move large items.
- Cost of moving insurance: $3 to $8 per $1,000 in value (this may be mandatory in long distances)
- Temporary storage (may be necessary for the long journey): $140 to $400 a month
- Some companies charge per pound of weight rather than the distance. This cost comes down to $0.30 to $0.50 a pound (assuming you are moving a 7,000 pound three-bedroom family home) = $0.30x 7,000 =$2,100
- Cost of towing the vehicle (if you do not intend to drive): $0.5 a mile (2817 miles) =$1,409
Expect to pay an average of $3,000 to $7,000, depending on the extra services you pick. Fortunately, the cost of relocations from Albany, NY to Los Angeles stays constant throughout the year, except when it is quite wet as you may need a climate-controlled truck.
What to Expect from Your Long Distance Movers
The departure date and times are vital given the long distance between the cities. Expect a knock at the door an hour or so before the scheduled time. Ask about our same day movers!
Professional Packing and Unpacking
Packing and unpacking is usually part of the service but is priced separately. It is good to use the service rather than pack the items yourself. It is not only a time saver but ensures that your delicate items are well packed to prevent damage when on transit.
Loading and Unloading
The local Albany movers will come with extra hands to load your items on track and unload the same at your destination. The cost of labor depends on the number of hours used and the number of people required.
Most Common Types of Albany to Los Angeles Movers
You can choose from several moving options including renting a truck, moving container companies, and full-service movers. Some companies will even provide packing services.
Before you hire any moving company to relocate to Los Angeles, read the online reviews and check the DOT license. This will ensure you don’t have to worry about as much when it comes to moving scammers or bad companies.