State to State Movers USA
State to State Moving Companies
At Three Men And A Truck, we are committed to providing superior quality service for every relocation that we execute. It is our top priority to ensure that all your needs are met throughout the entire moving process. For the free, in-home estimate and choosing your affordable moving services to unloading your items and unpacking all the boxes, we are with you every step of the way – providing a seamless relocation.
We offer full-service moving services to all states in the continental USA, we also provide storage services. By handling your entire move from start to finish, you can focus your attention on the more important tasks such as getting settled, organized, and exploring your new home.
How To Prepare for A State to State Move
At Three Men and A Truck, we are not just interested in providing a hassle-free moving of your belongings, we are also interested in you having a smooth relocation, settling down properly in your new state and have a great new beginning. We believe that changing environments has a lot of implication on you, your family, finances, and well-being, and that’s the reason such moves should be well thought out before making them. Here are some things you should do in preparation for your state to state move.
Visit Your New City
While you can get a lot of information about anywhere in the US on the internet, nothing comes close to seeing things yourself. So take a trip to the city and the specific areas and neighborhoods you plan to live and explore the places a bit. This physical exploration might open your eyes to things you can’t see online and that will help you decide on the area and neighborhood that best suit you.
Take Into Consideration the Difference In Living Costs
You also want to be sure on how your new state compares to your current one in terms of cost of buying or renting a house, transportation costs, food, clothing, and other living costs. Is it more or less, is there an advantage in terms of wage/living costs ratio? What about state taxes?
If you are moving from Florida to San Francisco for example, you know taxes and living costs will become higher though wages are higher in San Francisco. Therefore, make decisions that you can easily accommodate the changes that comes with it.
Secure A Job and Housing
Secure a job before moving to your new state or at least have certainty that you will find an employment that suit you within three months of relocating. You can leverage your existing network and social media to get a new job over there. Once you’ve decided to move, you can place an “open for job” notification on your profile on Linkedin and annouce to your online network that you are looking for opportunities in the new state. Be sure that the state has considerable opportunities for people with your kind of education.
While sorting the employment, lock down your housing so you will have a home to move to in the first place. If you are still raising school-age kids, you also need to narrow down your search to specific schools and begin contacting them.
Begin Early With Your Moving Plans
Start by researching what are the moving costs from your current state to your new state. Use the information you gather to draw up a moving budget. An interstate move is a long distance move as well. Therefore, you will need to contact a long distance mover that provide interstate moving services. Contact about three companies for free estimates.
Only deal with long distance moving companies that are licensed and registered with the FMCSA. Under the regulation of FMCSA, moving companies are obligated to visit your apartment for inspection and to quantify your items so they can provide you free estimates. So begin contacting companies at least six weeks ahead of your move. By four weeks to your planned moved date you should have contracted a moving company and have your interstate move sheduled by the company.
How To Prepare For Corporate Relocation from State to State
The challenges associated with household relocations from state to state are enormous, how much more a corporate move. Before considering a corporate relocation, you would have counted the costs.
Some of the reasons business move out of state are due to changing demography of target market, harsh economic environment in current state such as high taxes and lack of government support, short supply in talent and other human resources.
Before you make your move as a company, you need to be sure that things will be pretty much better for your business in your new state based on your preliminary research. After that, do all the necessary paper work of closing your business in the current state and opening in your new state. Pay off debts and share assets with all stakeholders. Next is to find an office space in your new state and begin to set the placce up
Moving Your Office Equipment and Employees
Contact moving companies early to get moving quotes and schedule an actual date for your move. If your employees are moving as well, the moving company can also help to move their household belongings.
How To Spot A Reputable Moving Company For Your State to State Move
With lots of scammers out there and many with poor service delivery, you need to be careful when hiring a moving company. Here are some things to look out before you strike a deal with a moving company.
License and Insurance Coverage
A state to state moving company must be first of all be licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and have a USDOT number. The FMCSA ensures that the companies comply with relevant federal regulations including having insurance coverage. Every professional moving company will have their USDOT number displayed on their website. You can use the number to obtain their license, safety, and compliance information on FMCSA website.
Physical Office and Local Presence
You know a moving company is legit when there is a brick and mortal office somewhere. While online presence and responsiveness is another thing to look out for, a physical office is very important. In addition, you also want to deal with a company that has local presence in your state. National moving companies have branches or representatives nationwide. There should be a contact person locally that you can walk up to if you have any challenge.
Full Service Company
Work with full service companies, even if you don’t require a full service move. The advantage of using a full service mover is because they are versatile and can help with almost anything your moving requires including full service packing, provision of packing supplies, moving and storage, loading and unloading, and more to provide a stress free moving experience for you.
Recognitions and Certifications by Relevant Business Organizations and Associations
The company must also be a recognized business by relevant business organizations and associations in the moving industry such as the American Trucking Associations (ATA) or Better Business Bureau. These associations sometimes conduct background checks and yearly reviews on moving companies who are their members to maintain membership status.
Professional movers will follow professional standards and ethics when delaing with their customers. Some of these standards includes home visitation/survey which can be done either physically or virtually. Provision of free in-home estimates, bill of lading and other important documents associated with your move. Any company that promise to give you an online quote without requesting to survey your home is not reliable.
Deal with a moving companies that have excellent track record. A company can manage to have all the paper works and yet not deliver excellent customer service. That’s why reading customer reviews are important. Go to websites like Yelp and Nextdoor to read what customers say about the company’s service. If there are complaints that are common to a specific company, you know that’s a red flag already. The least thing you want is a very positive experience with movers so look before you leap.
Our State-to-State Moving Services
With numerous storage facilities across the country and a fleet of moving vehicles, we are the ideal choice for your interstate move and cross-country relocation. Additionally, we are proud to provide you with skilled and highly-trained movers and drivers. No matter how big, small, or complex your move is, Three Men And A Truck is thrilled to offer you a reliable solution that means your state to state relocation is stress free.
Here are just some of what you can expect from our interstate moving services:
- Household Moves: Our team of moving experts have the knowledge and experience to complete local and long-distance moves of any size or scope. As an added bonus, we also offer packing and storage solutions to fit your residential moving needs. Our free, in-home moving estimates allow you to accurately and easily budget for your upcoming move.
- Commercial Moves: Whether you need to move your business across toward or across the country, we are equipped with the tools, equipment and experience to get you there. We are proud to help your company with corporate moves, commercial moves, and office moves. Our goal is to complete your relocation to your complete satisfaction, with limited interruptions. That way, your business can get back to work as quickly as possible.
- Storage Solutions: Need to have your household or commercial goods stored for a period of time? We offer short-term and long-term storage solutions to fit your individual needs. Our facilities are conveniently located, fully secure, and under 24-hour surveillance. Your belongings will be in good hands until the time comes that you are ready for them to be delivered to your desired location.
As a full-service USA moving company we can perform everything from small household moves to major corporate relocations. From custom crating, packing and piano moving to third-party services and specialty moving, there is no need that we cannot accommodate. When we say that we can do it all as a state-to-state USA moving company, we mean it.
Understanding The Moving Process
Wondering how the moving process works? We have the answers for you. To help simplify the process, we’ve broken it down into 7 easy steps:
- Contact Our Reservation Team. Your next move begins with contacting our reservation team to learn about the solutions we offer. You can get in touch with us by calling toll-free our filling out our convenient online form. Share your initial item list with one of our representatives and you’ll receive an accurate moving estimate. Learn about insurance coverage options, create a customized moving plan, and start scheduling your booking.
- Schedule Your Move. It’s always best to start the process as early as possible to ensure you get the moving date and rate you want. Let us know what dates work best for you and your move and if you require any temporary storage solutions.
- Keep Us Updated. As previously, it is smart to schedule your move in advance. If anything changes, you can easily communicate the details to your moving specialist. Need to update your inventory, shift around dates, or purchase additional services? Simply give us a call prior to your move and we’ll be happy to assist you with the adjustments.
- Be Prepared for Our Arrival. Before your move, a member of our team will be in touch with you to schedule a more accurate time of arrival for moving day. Make sure that there is a parking spot near your building for the moving truck and having everything packed prior to the mover’s arrival. Or, let us know in advance if you’d like assistance with packing.
- Moving Day. Upon arrival, we will go through the list of your items and make sure that nothing has changed since the last time we spoke. They will educate you on all the paperwork and inventory details. Then, our movers will disassemble all your furniture and carefully wrap it in shrink wrap and blankets. Your furniture and all of your boxes will be loaded onto the moving truck and delivered to your intended destination or one of our facilities for safe storage.
- Let Us Know When You’re Ready for Your Delivery. Depending on the agreement you established with us, we will store your belongings in one of our storage facilities until you are ready for the delivery. Once you let us know the first available date for drop off, we will load up your items and prepare them for shipment. We will notify you of an estimated arrival date well in advance.
- Delivery Day. Upon arrival on delivery day, our state-to-state movers will unload your belongings, assemble your furniture, place everything in your home or office according to your instructions, and collect any remaining balances related to your move.
Your All State USA Moving Company
Undeniably, moving can be an incredibly overwhelming and stressful endeavor. From the packing, cleaning, changing of your address, and all the other preparations a move requires, it can be difficult to complete without some help. Fortunately, hiring a professional moving company can help to ease the moving process, eliminating the stress that comes with uprooting your entire life.
When you partner with Three Men And A Truck, you have the peace of mind knowing you are working with an all state USA moving company that has one of the widest range of services in the entire industry. No relocation is too challenging for the moving experts at Three Men And A Truck. With over 20 years of experience, we have the knowledge, tools, and dedication to execute your move as seamlessly as possible.
Why Three Men And A Truck?
At Three Men And A Truck, we are committed to providing our customers with the best residential, commercial, local, and long distance moving services out there. Our reputation is built on the trust we’ve built with our clients. What started as small local movers 20 years ago has grown into a full-service moving company with quality relocation solutions.
We understand the responsibility of you entrusting us with your prized possessions, and we take the greatest care in handling and transporting them. Our moving services are customized to match your individual needs, allowing you to be rest assured that your items are delivered in the same condition in which they were when they were carefully packed up. We always adhere to the highest standards of quality, and all of our employees are highly-trained and have many years of experience.
If you’re in need of an all state USA moving company to assist you with your next relocation, look no further than Three Men And A Truck for the job. Contact us today by filling out our convenient online form or calling us at (888) 908-6496 to receive a free quote and find out how you could save up to 20% when you move with us!
FAQs About All State Movers
What is the Average Cost of State to State Movers?
The average cost of moving from state to state is between $2,600 and $6,500 for small to moderate apartments and $4,000 to $10,000 or more for large apartments and long distance moves.
What Questions Should I Ask A Potential Mover?
Ask about their license and whether they are fully insured. Do they offer full value protection or just released value protection. Request for a proof of their insurance to be double sure. Also ask what their resolution process is like, cancellation policies, etc.
What Things Should I look for In A Mover’s Estimate?
Ensure that the estimate is well detailed and contains individual services that you move require. If you don’t need a service just ask them to strike it out. For example, you may want to do the packing yourself. The estimate should include the moving schedule as well as policiies and terms. The company should be ready to answer any questions that you might have about the estimate.
Can I move My Vehicle With My Loads?
Some moving companies that have the expertise can ship your car and furniture together but that can be more expensive. It always cost less to ship cars in open air vehicles. So it is advisable to contact auto transportation companies separately to ship your car.
How much does interstate car shipping cost?
It can cost between $1,100 and $2,000 to ship a car interstate within the US.