Allied Van Lines
Here is all you need to know to use Allied Van Lines as a moving company for a smooth experience.
Allied Van Lines has the largest mover network globally and over 88 years of working experience, having made over 750,000 moves in the past fifteen years in the United States alone. They also offer international moving services to over 130 countries globally with over 1,000 representatives.
Founded in 1928, it is owned by a parent company- SIRVA, which also owns northAmerican Van Lines. The company has its headquarters in Indiana, United States. However, its subsidiaries include;
- Allied Freight Forwarding, Incorporated
- Allied Van Lines Terminal Co.
- A.V.L. Transportation, L.L.C.
- Allied International N.A., Inc.
- Meridian Mobility Resources Inc.
The moving company has an estimated 160 employees and an annual estimate of $22 million. It has since provided quality services to highly satisfied customers worldwide. Major competitors of Allied Van Lines are Two Men and a Truck, Atlas Van Lines, United Van Lines, U haul, Mayflower and 1-800-Pack-Rat.
Allied Van Lines offer the following moving services nationwide:
- Household moving
- Long-distance moving
- Interstate moving
- Cross country moving
- Corporate relocation
- International moving
Additional moving services include:
- Storage option: A 90-days storage option for items in transit, and after 90 days, it is moved to permanent storage.
- Packing and unpacking: Allied Van Lines offer the option of a full packing service and unpacking if you need it.
- Loading and unloading
- Fragile-only packing in durable materials.
- Appliances disconnection and reconnection
- Custom crates
- Shipment tracking
- Automobile and boat moving
- Liability coverage
- Full-valuation coverage
- Debris removal
- Shuttle services
- Detailed inventory
To get an estimated cost of moving, you can visit the Allied website and fill out a questionnaire. The insta quote shows a range of what you will be expected to pay. This option, however, is only available for local and interstate moving.
In the questionnaire, you will be asked to provide:
- The address you are moving from
- The address you are moving to
- Current address
- Date of move
- Full name
- Phone number
One thing that is sure about employing the services of Allied Van Lines is that you’ll have one of the best moving companies in the world working for you.
The cost of moving your items depends on distance, time of the year, and the time it will take for the agents to unload and load the truck, plus extra stops made.
The best way to get a correct estimate is to take advantage of the virtual walk-in option or schedule a consultation with Allied Van Lines moving agents who will take the time to break down and explain costs and give you a thorough understanding of where your money is going.