Eviction Movers Maryland
MD Eviction Moving Companies
If you are looking for a quality eviction moving company that offers residential and commercial eviction services in Maryland, you’ve come to the right place. We like to say that we wear many hats at Three Men And A Truck, and we are proud to provide you with the best, quickest, and friendliest eviction crews for the best price!
Our over twenty years of experience in the moving industry, with much of that being eviction, makes us the ideal choice when you need to hire eviction movers in Maryland. We understand that each state has different requirements, and some even vary from county to county. As a landlord, handling evictions can be very complicated. However, Three Men And A Truck Maryland movers and packers are here to help.
The Maryland Eviction Process
No landlord enjoys or looks forward to an eviction. Regrettably, they are often necessary as a legal means for removing a problem tenant from your rental property. When it comes to evicting a tenant in Maryland, the laws are very strict. As a landlord, it is essential that you and your property management company are familiar with the proper and legal way to evict a tenant. This helps you to avoid any potential legal troubles of your own.
If you are located in the state of Maryland and need to have a tenant evicted, follow these very specific steps:
- Provide an eviction notice. Before you file a suit in court, you are required to issue your tenant the proper notice of your intent to remove them from your property. This eviction notice document is most often called a “Notice to Quit,” and summaries your reasoning wanting them evicted as well as giving them an allotted time to vacate (generally from 3-30 days, depending on the particular situation).
- File a complaint in District Court. After you’ve provided your tenant with an eviction notice, you must file a written complaint to the court. This complaint will detail the reason for your desire to evict your current tenant from your rental property.
- The court issues a summons to your tenant. After your complaint has been processed by the courts, the county sheriff will issue a legal court summons to your tenant. The summons purpose is to inform the tenant that they must appear in court on the fifth day after the complaint was filed.
- Appear in court. On the established day, you will be required to attend the court hearing. During this hearing the judge will hear both sides of the story and either side with the you, the property manager, or the tenant. If an eviction is warranted, your tenant has four days to vacate your rental property. If they fail to leave within the four days, you may request a Warrant of Restitution from the court, which commands the sheriff to escort your tenants from the property.
If you believe that you have cause for an eviction, legally you can begin the process against your Maryland tenant for these reasons:
- Remaining on the property past the agreed upon lease term
- Non-payment of rent
- Violating any provision outlined on the lease agreement
Our Maryland Moving Services
Three Men And A Truck is a professional full-service moving company in Maryland. The following are all the services that we offer in your area:
- Packing services (residential only): Our packing services can be customized to meet the individual needs of the client. When you hire our packing services, we also provide packing supplies such as boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and wrapping paper completely free of charge.
- Local moving services (residential and commercial): We provide punctual, professional, and effortless moving services for your local Maryland moving needs.
- Long-distance moving services: We offer high quality, affordable, and professional long-distance moving services to and from the state of Maryland.
- Piano moving services: We understand the financial and sentimental value of your piano and ensure that it is treated with the necessary care and protection so that it is during the entire moving process.
- Junk removal and eviction moving services: We can help you remove household junk or your tenant’s belongings across the entire state of Maryland.
Frequently Asked Questions for Hiring Eviction Movers in Maryland
How many people do I need for the eviction?
The number of required movers will depend on the location and property size. Generally, the sheriff requests a specific number based on these factors. In some cases, clients have requested 15 people for a three-bedroom townhouse, while up to 25 people have been requested for a similar job. If you don’t have the proper number of movers at the schedule time, the eviction many be cancelled. After the date of the eviction is assigned and the tenant receives the warrant for restitution, the sheriff will tell you how many movers will be needed as they ultimately have the final word.
Do I need a locksmith for an eviction?
In most cases, you will need a locksmith for the eviction. Not only will you want to ensure that the sheriff and movers can access the property, you’ll also want to change the locks after the tenant has vacated.
What happens on the day of the eviction?
On the day and time of the eviction, either the landlord or a representative from the property management company must be present. Prior to knocking on the door, the sheriff will do a head count to ensure that you have the correct number of movers. If not, the eviction will be cancelled. At Three Men And A Truck, we will always show up on time and with the proper amount of people to move the tenant’s belongings out of your property.
How does the actual eviction work?
Once the sheriff confirms that all the necessary movers are present, they will attend to contact the tenant by knocking on the door, ringing the bell, and/or phoning them. If everything goes smoothly, the tenant will understand they are being kicked out. At this point, the sheriff will allow some time for them to pack up their most valuable possessions before they must exit the property. Then, the eviction movers will take over and empty all the closets, cabinets, and drawers and load the contents into heavy-duty bags. While this is happening, other movers will be carefully removing the furniture to ensure that the property doesn’t get damaged in the process.
Why Hire Maryland Eviction Movers?
If you are evicting a tenant and need to have their belongings removed, you should consider hiring professional eviction movers. While you can certainly collect a large group of friends or family members, you can’t always count on them to show up on time or carefully handle the furniture so that no damage occurs to the floors, door frames, or walls of your rental property. Also, if you do not have the correct number of movers at the time of the eviction, the sheriff will not wait for people to show up and your eviction will be cancelled.
Do you need help evicting a tenant in Maryland? Give Three Men And A Truck a call today! We have the knowledge and muscle to quickly and carefully remove any household items from your property. When you partner with us, we will handle the packing and moving of everything so that you don’t have to.
Popular Areas In Maryland That We Serve
We also serve many other cities in Maryland.