Locate Moving Companies Near You
With all of the aspects involved, moving can be a complex and stressful process. This is especially true when it comes to hiring a professional moving company. To have peace of mind and know that your possessions are in good hands, you want to hire reliable movers.
Unfortunately, just like all other professions, there are operators in the moving industry that may offer you a low price up front but end up charging a much larger amount by the end. To avoid any possible scams, you should always do plenty of research on your local moving company first. So, the hard question becomes: “How do I find reliable movers near me?” Follow our guide below to learn how to avoid potential scams and find the best movers in your area.
How to Find Movers Near Me
The first step in finding a reliable moving company is asking around for recommendations. These recommendations can come from your neighbors, friends, or family members who have previously worked with moving companies. Or, you could gather recommendations from real estate agents, yellow pages, or online review sites.
A local company is always the best choice since they have agents who will physically come to your home to provide you with an accurate quote. In fact, this is a great way to verify the validity of the company you are hiring. You can determine whether or not a company is reliable simply based on the way they conduct their moving estimates. A good estimator will take their time, ask many questions, and give you the most accurate rate.
How to Hire Movers Near Me
Whether you’re moving locally or long distance, the first thing you’ll need to consider is how much of the work you’ll be doing yourself and what you’d like handled by professional movers. If you’re relocating for work, your employer may be handling the cost of the move, making it easy to sit back and watch the professionals do nearly all of the work. However, if you’re financing your move on your own, you may decide to do the packing yourself to save a few bucks.
Regardless, prior to deciding how much you plan on handling yourself, you’ll need to contact some moving companies near you to understand their services and get estimates. Even if you select a reliable, trustworthy moving company, you could have a negative experience if you don’t understand the services they provide. To help you narrow down your search and find the best “movers near me,” the following are some questions that you should ask during the hiring process:
- What is the insurance coverage for the move? Does the insurance provided cover the full value of a damaged item? You will generally have options in regards to coverage for items that are lost or damaged during transport.
- Is the quoted moving price just an estimate, or a “not-to-exceed” ceiling?
- How long has your company been in business? You want to hire a company that has plenty of experience managing your particular type of move.
- Is a deposit required? One major red flag when searching for movers near you is if they ask for a large deposit upfront. Reputable moving companies will not require you to pay a large deposit or cover any costs prior to the moving date. When you pay before the move, you open up the opportunity for them to scam you.
- Are there any hidden fees? Moving companies typically work from a “tariff,” which lists factors you could be charged for during the move, such as if there are stairs or long walks involved. To help avoid any of these extra fees, make sure that your representative is well-informed about your relocation needs prior to the move date. Additionally, you should recognize the extra fees that you need to pay for. Fraudulent companies may add costs for services that they did not even give to you.
- Are the movers employed by the company, casual laborers, or temporary hires? You want to also verify the experience of the people who will actually be handling your belongings.
- Can you provide a copy of the mover’s bill of lading, liability insurance, and valuation coverage policy? All moving companies must assume liability for the value of the possessions that they are transporting. “Released value” comes at no-cost, provides minimal protection, and requires movers to cover damages at 60 cents per pound, per item. “Full value,” on the other hand, is the most comprehensive option and the cost will vary.
- Inquire about a timetable for the move. How long will packing take? What is the anticipated arrival date? Etc.
- Does your company perform the move or do you work as a household goods broker? Brokers cannot represent themselves as a mover, do not own trucks, and typically have no authority to issue an estimate on behalf of a particular mover.
The Notion of Self-Packing
With all the stress that inherently comes with moving, you’ll want to do as much as possible to reduce it. This can be done by opting for packing services with your moving company. Although, this will cost you quite a bit more than if you were doing it yourself. While your moving company will not take responsibility for any damage that occurs to your items when you pack them yourself, you will save money on extra costs such as boxes and other packing materials.
Your other option would be to hire professional packers. Perform plenty of research and complete a background check on them, same as you would for a moving company, to prevent any damage to your possessions. Although packing yourself may save you money, it will cost you valuable time and energy when compared with hiring trusted movers near you.
Moving Experts in Your Surrounding Area
If you’re in search of local movers near you, you’ve come to the right place. Three Men And A Truck is one of the industry’s fastest, friendliest, and most trusted professional moving companies. Our extensive network of movers across the nation can provide you with the full-service moving and storage services that you need. The moving services we provide always go above and beyond other moving companies, ensuring that every detail of your move is addressed and every need is met.
Our dedicated moving experts live and work in the exact same communities as you. Because of this, we have the ability to do more for you and your move. Our moving crews are accustomed to local parking regulations, traffic, building restrictions, and virtually anything else that could come up during local moves. Whether you require help with furniture delivery to your new or home or need your entire business relocated to a new space, you can count on Three Men And A Truck. We are proud to provide you with the moving services you require and lend a hand wherever you may need it.
When it comes to “movers near me,” we always go far beyond what is expected. Our goal is to ensure that you have a positive, seamless, and stress-free moving experience. We always offer affordable rates, free quotes, and quality moves to all of our customers. Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation moving quote and find out how you could save up to 20% on your next move!