How Many Boxes Do I Need to Move?
The big day is here. You’ve found the right home for you and you’ve taken care of every detail of the move. Now, all that’s left is that you start packing your belongings and start this new chapter of your life.
But, that’s often easier said than done.
Packing is the most tedious, time-consuming, and underestimated part of moving. How do I pack fragile items? What’s the best way to pack clothes? And, how many boxes do I need to move? All these questions may be racing through your head right. Let us help you determine the approximate number of boxes you will need to move.
How Many Boxes Do I Need to Move
While there is no exact science to determining the number of boxes you will need to pack your belongings and move, there are a few tips that can make this task a bit easier.
Consider Your Lifestyle
Take a look around your house and determine your style. Are you a minimalist who likes to keep things simple and only has items that serve a clear purpose? Then, you probably won’t need more than a few boxes for each room. But, if you tend to get attached to things and have kept all your kids’ toys and clothes, then you are going to need more boxes and of different sizes.
The Number of Boxes by Room
Once you’ve determined your style, it’s time to look at each room and try to estimate how many boxes you will need. Keep in mind that these numbers are just estimates. It’s always better to get more boxes than to realize that you don’t have enough.
- Kitchen: You will probably need 4 small boxes, 4 large boxes, 6 medium boxes, and 6 dish barrel boxes.
- Living Room: Unless you also use the living room as a study, then you shouldn’t need more than 4 small boxes, 4 medium-sized boxes, 4 large boxes, and 2 extra-large boxes. Make sure to get some special boxes for your TV, home cinema projector, and computer.
- Dining Room: You will probably need about 4 dish barrel boxes, 2 small boxes, and 2 medium-sized boxes.
- Master Bedroom: The master bedroom will likely require the highest number of boxes. Be prepared to buy about 6 wardrobe boxes, 8 large boxes, 3 small boxes, and 6 medium boxes.
- Other Bedrooms: The number of boxes will depend on who lived in that bedroom. A toddler may have more things (toys, books, clothes) than a teenager. You may need around 4 wardrobe boxes, 5 large boxes, 2 small boxes, and 5 medium boxes for each room.
- Bathroom: About 3 small boxes should be enough to pack the items in your bathroom.
Consider Full-Service Moving
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of fighting out how many boxes you need and purchasing all the packing supplies, then you can opt for our full-service moving. Our movers will come equipped with boxes, duct tape, and everything you need to pack your items safely. All the packing supplies will be included with your service.
Contact us now for a free affordable estimate.