How Much Does a Moving Truck Cost?
Are you looking to move across the state? No matter how you look at it, moving across town or long distance can be an unpleasant experience. It can be extremely stressful, time-consuming, and worrisome, especially if you have to be in your new location on a specific date. Consequently, if you’re moving to a neighboring state, a few states over, or across the U.S, this makes matters even harder on you and your family.
With short distances, you have the option of either doing the move yourself or hiring professional movers for the job. However, long-distance moving is best left in the hands of skilled professionals who’ve been thoroughly trained in all aspects of moving entire households. At Three Men and A Truck, we provide cost-effective local, interstate, and long-distance. We can even help with international relocations as well, as we have a large network of qualified movers globally.
Should I move myself or hire professionals?
Ultimately, this is going to be your decision and will be based on several factors such as your budget, the difficulty of the move, time constraints, your physical capabilities, and much more. However, we can share the pros and cons of each in the hopes of simplifying the decision-making process for you. There are three pros of making a DIY move:
- You have complete control of the move.
- You pack your belongings your way.
- You save money.
Now for the cons or disadvantages:
- DIY moving requires a tremendous amount of planning.
- Moving everything yourself means lots of heavy lifting.
- Unexpected problems can arise such as not having room to load everything in the truck you’ve rented or breaking down while you’re on the road.
Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of hiring professional movers such as Three Men And A Truck:
- Hiring an experienced, reliable team of professional movers is much more efficient and will save you a lot of time and physical effort.
- Other than what you take in your vehicle(s), you won’t need to do any heavy lifting.
- Overall, hiring professional movers is less stressful and worrisome.
The only disadvantages to hiring any professional company is that you have less control over the move and it will cost you more. However, as they communicate with you, all through the transit phase, you will know where your possessions are during transit.
How much will it cost me to hire your services?
Whenever you’re planning on hiring a professional moving team, it’s only natural for the cost to be a determining factor. Just remember, there is much more to consider than how much it’s going to cost you. Whether you hire Three Men And A Truck or one of our competitors, there are always 4 factors that will influence the cost of a move. These include:
- Distance – one of the primary costs determining factors is the distance that you’ll be moving. Moving companies typically charge an hourly rate on shorter moves, but will charge by total weight on long-distance relocations.
- Fragile items – another factor that will impact the cost of your move, though not as much as the other 3 listed here, is the number of fragile items that will be loaded on the moving truck. The more fragile items you have, the more it slows movers down.
- Size of the household – typically, the larger the home, the more furniture there is to be moved. However, having a houseful of furniture spread across two or three floors is going to add to the cost as well.
- Time of year – believe it or not, the time of the year that you are planning on moving can significantly influence the cost of the move. In most cases, you’ll pay more for a summertime move than if you move in the fall or winter.
Naturally, Three Men And A Truck will be happy to come out and evaluate everything in order to provide you with an estimate of your move. As a word of advice, never settle for a verbal quote but insist on a written quote, so that later on you are not taken by surprise with hidden charges. And we always give our customers written quotes.
Why should I hire Three Men And A Truck?
We realize that when you’re planning a move, you have a number of choices when it comes to hiring a professional moving service. As one of the top moving companies in the US, we’ve been in business 20 years. We provide the most comprehensive line of moving services when it comes to local, same state, cross country, or international and overseas moving. We can help plan, execute and implement the logistics of your move seamlessly.
Most importantly, we treat your belongings with the same amount of respect that we treat our possessions with. Call us today to get a free quote or to know more about our services.