Pool Table Moving Cost
Since establishing our company 20 years ago, Three Men and A Truck has been involved in some very unique moving experiences. From moving individuals that were living in studios and small apartments to helping large families relocate a multi-level household with 4 or more bedrooms, we’ve just about seen it all. Although we are able to handle most households, there are some items that require more than just the normal or standard moving skills, one of which are pool tables.
What is involved in moving a pool table?
Unless you’ve been thoroughly trained in all facets of moving billiards and pool tables, this is a job that should only be entrusted to those professionals that are experienced and knowledgeable in moving this type of item. Due to their bulkiness and weight (some pool tables can weigh upwards of 1,000 pounds), it can be extremely difficult to move pool tables. Not only is weight a factor, it requires a tedious disassembly process just to load it onto a moving trailer or truck. Then the process must be reversed when reassembling it at its eventual destination. This requires skill and delicate handling which our crew possess. We’ll ensure that it is safety dismantled and reassembled where you want it.
Is Hiring Professional Pool Table Movers Worth the Cost?
In a word, ABSOLUTELY! A pool table is not only a decorative and functional piece of furniture that affords the owner, their family, and friends’ countless hours of entertainment; it probably has a great deal of sentimental value. This in itself is the best reason to hire professionals for moving it. Moving something of such immense size and weight can be an extremely difficult and unforgiving task for the average individual. When you hire a team of specialists, they will have the proper equipment and tools to ensure the job is done properly and without any unforeseen issues arising.
What should I expect when hiring professional pool table movers?
The primary reason for hiring experienced and skilled professionals to move your pool table is to ensure that any damage will be covered by their “valuation” or moving insurance. When hiring these individuals, here is what you can expect:
- They will ask some questions regarding your pool table in order to give you the most accurate quote possible. For instance, they’ll need to know the age of the table, the brand or model, and whether or not it is going up or down a flight of stairs.
- They will typically charge an hourly rate for a short-distance move. If, on the other hand, it is going to be moved a long distance, they will charge a rate that is based on the distance you’re moving and the weight of the pool table.
Whether you’re moving your household by renting a truck and enlisting the help of your family members and friends, Three Men And A Truck highly recommends that you hire the best professional pool table movers near you. While there are numerous steps involved in moving this type of item successfully, anything can happen.
How to Move Pool / Billiard Tables?
First and foremost, the easiest way to move a pool table is to hire professionals. The cost of moving a billiard/pool table with professional movers is totally worth it because of the amount of work they have to put in. There are several steps involved in the process of moving a pool table, most of which involve taking it apart in order to load it easier. This is how the professionals do it:
- Step 1 – remove the pockets
- Step 2 – remove the bumpers and the corners
- Step 3 – remove the felt (depending on the condition this is in, it may be time to replace it anyway, so plan for this just in case)
- Step 4 – remove the slate (there could be two or three pieces weighing up to 150 lbs. each)
- Step 5 – unscrew and remove the legs
Once these steps are completed, wrap the individual pieces and secure them once they are loaded onto the truck. These are secured properly so that there is no damage during transit.
The Cost of Hiring Professional Pool Table Movers Near Me?
There are a number of factors that influence the average cost to move a pool table. In many cases, you’ll either be charged by the hour or a flat rate depending on how far it’s going to be moved. Factors determining pool table moving cost include:
- Distance the table is getting transported
- Size of the table
- Manufacturer of the table
- Type of ball return systems and pockets
- Positioning of the table on the moving truck
- Additional services required
To learn more about professional pool table moving, contact Three Men And A Truck at your earliest convenience. Our business representatives would be glad to be of assistance and will answer your queries. Additionally, we offer FREE, no obligation quote on the move. Call us today.