Las Vegas Movers Rates
Moving Prices Las Vegas NV
For many, moving is a big deal and whether you’re relocating to a new home, new town, or new state, it can be pretty exciting. However, there’s one thing that everyone who moves finds themselves worrying about almost immediately – how much it’s going to cost. Generally speaking, the cost to move varies based on a number of factors such as where you live, how much stuff you need to move, how far you’re moving, and more. With that said, it helps to think ahead and do some research on what you can do to stay within your moving budget.
Fortunately, we’ve done most of the work for you. If you’re wondering what exactly goes into Las Vegas movers’ rates, what services Las Vegas movers offer, and how you can keep your moving costs low, you’ve come to the right place.
What Goes Into Las Vegas Movers’ Rates?
When it comes to Las Vegas movers’ rates, it’s not only the size of your house that is going to play a role. There are many other elements that go into Las Vegas movers’ rates, with the distance being the chief distinguishing factor. Generally speaking, moves can be broken down into two main categories based on distance: local moves and interstate (long-distance) moves.
With that said, let’s take a look at Las Vegas movers’ rates from these two distinct perspectives.
Local Las Vegas Movers Rates
What is considered a local move will vary from company to company, though they are generally moves where the customers’ current and new homes are less than 100 miles apart. Although the threshold may be 60 miles with some companies and 100 with others, most charge an hourly rate for the labor involved in local moves. This hourly rate often applies to each mover that your particular move requires, meaning the more movers you need, the higher your quoted rate will be. Labor typically makes up the majority of Las Vegas movers’ rates, but it is just one of the many items that go into the final cost.
Moving estimates typically include some or all of the following items:
- Your origin and destination location, and the distance between them.
- A rough number of the items to be moved (including furniture, boxes, and the like)
- The estimated weight of your household items.
- Number of moving trucks, movers, and the hourly rate multiplied by the estimate move time.
- Fuel/mileage surcharge.
- Moving date, time, and delivery date.
- Travel time, which accounts for the drive between the warehouse, your home, and back to the warehouse once the move is completed.
- Optional services such as packing, custom crating, handling of specialty items, disassembly and assembly.
- Additional fees.
Although the weight of your household goods is less important for local moves than it is for interstate moves, your moving consultant should still be as detailed as possible.
Interstate Las Vegas Movers’ Rates
Interstate moves, on the other hand, are far more complicated, which makes the rates more difficult to estimate and understand. Instead of being based on an hourly rate, interstate move rates are based on weight and mileage. Before and after your items are loaded onto moving truck, your movers will weight it to determine the difference between the two – the net weight. This calculation is used to determine the cost of your Las Vegas interstate move, along with packing, mileage, insurance, and additional services.
Though, it’s important to note that there are three distinct types of interstate moving estimates that you could receive from your movers:
- Non-binding: This type of interstate moving estimate indicates that you are required to pay the actual cost of the move, even if it ends up being more or less than the original quoted rate.
- Binding: This means that you, as the customer, will pay the exact amount of the original estimate. The only exception is if items or services that weren’t originally included are added after the fact, which would result in the price going up.
- Not-to-exceed: This type of interstate moving estimate means that you won’t be required to pay more than the original estimate, but you could pay less if the actual weight ends up being lower than what was estimated.
It is crucial that you know which type of rate you are receiving from your movers, which should be clearly marked on the estimate. Generally speaking, the more stuff you have to move and the farther you’re moving, the more your move is going to cost.
How to Keep Las Vegas Moving Costs Low
One of the best things that you can do to keep your Las Vegas moving costs low, whether you’re moving local or interstate, is to start the process early. In fact, not planning ahead can lead to a very expensive moving experience. Therefore, begin planning as early as possible and draft up a checklist for yourself. Then, several weeks out, find yourself a reliable, trustworthy, and licensed moving company.
Timing is everything when it comes to keeping your Las Vegas moving costs low. If you have the flexibility, plan your moving date to take advantage of seasonal discounts. Since summer tends to be peak season for the moving industry, plan your relocation in the fall or spring. Although you can often find the best rates in the winter, winter moves can be challenging in certain areas of the country. Also, try to move in the middle of the month and on a weekday. Like summer, weekends and both the beginning and end of the month tend to be the most popular. The increased demand drives up prices during this time.
Finally, another great way to keep your moving costs low is to only move what need. Go through your belongings and donate, sell, or toss any unwanted items. Again, the more stuff that you have to move, the more you’re going to pay to move it.
Why Three Men And A Truck as Your Las Vegas Movers?
If you’re looking for reliable Las Vegas movers with great rates, your search ends here. Three Men And A Truck offers some of the most competitive prices in the industry, without sacrificing quality service. Here are just some of the many reasons why you should choose Three Men And A Truck as your Las Vegas movers:
- Affordable Rates: For local moves, we charge low, hourly rates and always provide accurate, up-front moving quotes. For long distance moves, you can count on Three Men And A Truck for cheap, flat rate pricing.
- Customized Moving Services: As a full-service moving company, you can hire us to handle your entire move or for just a few hours of labor. We understand that every move is unique which is why we offer a range of moving services, each of which can be tailored to meet your specific needs. From packing, disassembling furniture, and loading the truck to transporting, unloading, and getting you settled in your new home, we’ll take care of it all!
- Licensed and Insured: Not only do our movers have many years of experience successfully executing all types of moves, they are also highly trained in the proper relocation techniques. Additionally, we are fully licensed and insured to perform both local and interstate moves.
- Moving Resources: Whether you have an entire household or commercial building to move, moving can seem like a daunting endeavor. However, we’re here to help you every step of the way and provide you with expert advice to tackle your move.
We understand that moving can be a very chaotic time in your life, and we’re here to make your life easier. From handing over the initial estimate to unloading the last box, Three Men And A Truck is always focused on the little details to make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible. Contact us today to get started with your free, no-obligation moving estimate and find out how you could save up to 20% on your next Las Vegas relocation!