Long Distance Furniture Shipping – Moving Furniture Across The Country
Are you moving across the country and need to transport your furniture? Or maybe you’re selling a piece of furniture and need to ship it to another state. Whatever the reason, shipping furniture long-distance is often an overwhelming task. You need to consider the size, weight, distance, and any additional protection that the piece may need to reach its destination safely. At first, it may look like something you can tackle on your own, but the more you look into it and understand the details about long-distance furniture shipping, the more complicated it becomes.
Basics of Long Distance Furniture Shipping
If you need to ship furniture across the country, then you need to establish the basics first:
- Size and Weight: Get the measurements of your furniture as accurately as possible. Measure the length, width, height, and weight of the furniture piece so that you will know what type of carrier you will need to handle it. While you may be able to fit a small cupboard in a truck, large and bulky items like the dining room furniture need special equipment and must meet certain requirements before they can be loaded and transported long-distance.
- Estimate the Value of Your Shipment: It may not be that much of a loss if your old sofa suffers a few scratches during cross-country furniture shipping, but if you are transporting antique furniture, then you need to take some extra precautions to ensure that your cargo will arrive at the destination safely.
- The Distance: The size of your furniture and the distance it has to travel to get to your destination influence the cost of delivery. Moving companies have different tricks up their sleeves and can combine different shipments to lower the price.
Why You Need Professional Movers For Shipping Furniture Across Country
If you only have a few furniture items to transport, you may think that it’s cheaper and more convenient to do it on your own rather than hiring long-distance furniture movers. But, you need to consider all the factors and costs that go into such a process.
Factors Affecting The Cost of Furniture Shipping
- Time: Renting a truck and driving it yourself across the country will take time, which can mean unpaid time off work.
- Gas: A heavy cargo will require more engine power, which means that it’s likely to pay more on gas than anticipated.
- Food and Accommodation: Most probably, you won’t be able to reach your destination in one day. So, you will have to make a few stops, which means money spent on food and accommodation.
- Insurance: You will want to ensure that your furniture is covered in case of damage.
- Hidden Costs: Road costs, environmental taxes, and other costs that you didn’t think about will add up and you may end up paying more than planned.
When it comes to shipping furniture across the country, you want someone who can transport your items safely, promptly, and without breaking the bank. At Three Men and a Truck, we can deliver all that and then some more.
Check out our services and get in touch for a free quote.