Los Angeles to Seattle Movers
If you desire to move from Los Angeles to Seattle, you need some information to guide you. If it’s your first time moving from state to state, the stress and anxiety could affect you negatively. As much as having no idea about relocation could be mentally exhausting, it can also cut deep into your finances.
In this article, you will learn about the must have information and requirements you need to make your relocation hassle-free and cost effective.
Things you should know before you relocate from Los Angeles to Seattle
- Cost of moving from Los Angeles to Seattle
- What is a moving company?
- Why you need local Los Angeles movers
- 4 types of moving company
- How to choose the best
Cost of moving from Los Angeles to Seattle
Los Angeles to Seattle is a cross country move. A 1138 mile distance to be exact. For these types of moves, long distance moving companies typically charge per distance and per pound. Movers have estimated they spent around $2647 – $7564 moving from Los Angeles to Seattle.
What is a moving company?
A moving company is a registered company that handles movement of properties from one location to another. This could be cross country, within the same state, and even overseas.
Why you need a moving company
Moving from Los Angeles to Seattle is a long journey. If you have a family or business, moving your properties between the two states could be physically and emotionally draining. There might be some mishandling that may lead to loss or damage of valuable property. Moving companies typically exist to help you pack and move without wasting time and or damaging any of your properties.
4 types of moving companies
There are different types of moving companies and each has their area specialty. Whether you want to move within your locality or to another state entirely, there is a moving company for you. The following are four types of moving companies.
- Local moving company: these are moving companies that specializes in moving properties with a region. They don’t move beyond 100 miles.
- Long distance moving company: these companies move properties between long distances within a region and outside a region. They move properties beyond 100 miles.
- International moving company: They are in charge of moving properties between countries.
- Commercial moving company: they specialize in moving business properties from one location to another. They move office equipment, machines or expensive piece of arts.
How to find a reliable moving company
If you want to get a reliable moving company, the first thing you would do as a newbie is to use Google search to find the one – start with a search for same day movers near me. Where it gets tricky is Google can’t always tell you which is legitimate or a fraudulent. Here is how you can tell the difference.
- Check their ratings online: Before you hire any moving company, you should first check them out online. How long have they been operating? What has previous clients been saying about them? Do they have a good customer service? Are they professional in their moving activities? These are the things you should
- Check for their License and Insurance: One thing that easily gives fake moving companies away is their lack of license and insurance. Every reputable moving company is legally registered and has license to operate. This is done to make them carry out their duties responsibly if not, their license would be withdrawn.
- They give free estimate: The distance of relocation is a major determinant of the cost of moving. Reputable moving companies offer free estimate of moving fee to their prospects. They do this to avoid ripping their prospect off with estimated bills. Fake moving companies won’t give you free estimate.