Low Cost Movers Near Me
Low Cost Moving Companies Near You
Everyone loves the idea of receiving help from an inexpensive mover and saving money while relocating. However, the risk of getting low-quality services remains high. A common tactic among some moving companies is to lure customers with a low price moving service in the beginning. Then, after packing and loading your belongings onto the truck and weighing it off-site, they reveal that the moving price is much higher than the originally quoted amount. By doing this, the customer becomes trapped and left with no other choice but to fork over the money to have their stuff moved. This is a sad occurrence, especially when the moving process already comes with so much stress.
To help you from becoming badly stuck with unethical movers, have peace of mind while relocating, and still find “low-cost movers near me” without being scammed, we’ve drafted up the following guide.
How to Find Low Cost Movers Near Me
Here are some ways that you can keep yourself safe from being lured by enticing moving scams and find a great low-cost cheap moving company in your area:
- Ask for an all-inclusive rate upfront.
Your best bet is to always acquire an all-inclusive price from the start rather than dealing with finalizing on an estimated price. Doing this in the beginning will help you avoid getting cheated of any hidden fees or last-minute charges later in the moving process.
- Avoid disclosing your budget initially.
When companies ask for your budget first, this is often a trap. In fact, they will tailor their estimate based on the budget given to them by the customer, making it higher than the actual amount needed to complete the service. Therefore, always avoid telling the cheap apartment moving company your budget upfront. Instead, ask for the moving company’s budget in order to ensure that you get the appropriate rate.
- Never trust quotes over the phone.
For the sake of convenience and time, many people who are looking for movers will finalize their rates over the phone. It is always best to avoid these types of quotes, as the moving company may increase the rates later after analyzing your items to be moved. It is best to request an estimator from the company to come out to your home and provide you with an accurate quote after physically evaluating your possessions. You may even want to meet with two or more movers in person. This will allow you to evaluate their services offered, and have a grasp on all the details you may have missed on the phone.
- Look for online reviews and testimonials.
While it may not always be the best way to judge a budget moving company, it can be one of the best steps to take in evaluating the validity of the movers you are going to trust with your belongings. Most of the time, customers will leave reviews whether their experience was very good or very bad. In a world where the internet can be rather helpful, always check the feedback from past customers listed on the company’s website.
- Try to steer clear of new companies.
The level of trust usually increases based on experience, and the same is true for selecting the best low-cost mover. Although there may be a number of new companies near you, you must do plenty of research and rely on the ones that have substantial experience in the industry. This will help give you peace of mind and raise your confidence in the movers that you select.
- Be aware of the following warning signs.
When it comes to looking for professional movers, there are a number of warning signs that may indicate the company is not as reliable as they appear. Look out for these warning signs to save you from being scammed by a rogue moving company:
- One major red flag is if the moving company requests a large deposit upfront before providing the service. You should never have to pay for the move before it happens. When you give your movers money before the actual move, it opens up the opportunity for them to scam you. There is a high risk of these companies running away with your money.
- If the company doesn’t disclose their specific information such as their address, contact info, insurance, or licensure on their website, consider a different mover. These movers generally cannot be trusted.
- If the company does not have a particular name they are registered under or a company name listed on their moving trucks.
- Companies that make high claims about their insurance coverage that seem too good to be true.
- If a company offers you an almost unbelievably low rate. That’s why it is always best to collect multiple quotes so that you can weed out the potential scammers.
How Much Do Local Movers Cost?
Depending on the size of your move, it will cost you an average of $300 to $1,500 to hire local movers near you. However, properly estimating the price of a move can be tricky. If you’re looking for the most inexpensive movers, it’s important that you understand all of the factors that go into calculating a moving estimate. Here are some of the most prominent cost factors involved in relocations:
- Size of the move: The larger the move, the more expensive it will be. If you’re looking to save money, consider lightening your load before your move.
- Distance: The longer the distance, the more you will pay for professional movers. The cost to move locally is much cheaper than moving long-distance or cross-country.
- Time of year: Summer is typically peak season for the moving industry, as this is when most leases are ending. Consider moving during off-peak season in the fall or winter to save money.
- Moving date: In addition to the month, the actual moving date can also impact moving prices. The cost to move is usually more affordable during the week and in the middle of the month.
- Specialty items: Pool tables, pianos, hot tubs, safes, motorcycles, and the like, are very expensive to transport. Consider leaving these items behind or selling them if you’re on a tight budget.
- Added costs: Some additional costs may apply based on the services you select including charges related to full-service packing, unpacking, packing supplies, travel fees, shuttle truck fees, storage, long carry charges etc.
Low Cost Movers Near Me
If you’ve typed “low-cost movers near me” into your search bar, your search ends here. Look no further than Three Men And A Truck for the job. At Three Men And A Truck, we always provide you with the best rates, without compromising quality of service. As a local full-service moving company, we offer the complete moving package – residential, commercial, long-distance, and storage services along with professional packing. However, we believe that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all when it comes to moving. This is why our rates are always fully customized based on your move and all-inclusive with NO hidden fees.
Contact Three Men And A Truck today by filling out our online request form or calling (888) 908-6496 to receive your FREE low-cost moving quote and save on residential and business moving services in your area.