Movers Alabama to California
Moving Companies AL to CA
Alabama is great place with great weather and plenty of sights to enjoy. The inland water ways are especially a beauty to reckon and the natural forests make it a great location if you love hiking and generally spending time outdoors.
Unfortunately, sometimes you have to move. Maybe it’s because of work. Perhaps your organization is expanding and you’re the best fit to head the new location. Or maybe you’ve just got a scholarship in a different state.
If you’re moving to California, the first thing you should know is that you’re moving to an equally charming place with lots to see and love. California is also full of job opportunities and boasts exceptional sights, natural and manmade. Here’s everything you need to know as you prepare for the move.
Benefits of Moving to California
Different people move to California for different reasons. However, the majority of those who do voluntarily do so for four reasons;
- It’s large and widespread: Whereas in other cities you have to worry about sharing same amenities and the experiences with everyone in the state, California is different. Spanning 163,696 square miles, the Golden State is a patchwork of different geographies – each with a distinct culture and climate.
- Excellent weather: The entire California has exceptional weather. Although the northern areas are slightly colder, the rest of the state is blessed t sunshine for most of the year. The southern cities, including Los Angeles and San Francisco, experience sunshine throughout the year.
- Tons of economic activities: California’s economy is the not just the largest in the US. It’s also the fifth largest economy in the world, making it bigger than UK’s economy and the economies of other developed nations South Korea and Japan.
- Magnificent outdoors: If you like hiking, surfing, and general sightseeing, you’ll fall in love with California right away. The state has at least nine national parks, including the legendary Death Valley National Park, beautiful beaches, and tons of surfing and hiking spots.
Finding the Right Mover
If you’re convinced about making the switch, the next step is to find the right moving company. Since the journey from Alabama to California involves cross state borders, you’ll need an interstate mover rather than a local mover. However, finding one shouldn’t be difficult. Consider the following;
- Get recommendations online and offline
If you have a friend or loved one who moved to California recently, they may recommend the mover if they liked the experience. Alternatively, get recommendations online. Forums would be a good place to start, though social media is another excellent place to get referrals.
- Do your research
Before you settle on one mover, take time to scree each candidate to find out if they are genuine. There have been a lot of scams recently. An online and offline check can help you identify red flags. Among other things, make sure the mover has a physical address. You should also ask to speak with past customers.
- Make sure they’re licensed and insured
One of the surest signs that a moving company is genuine is a license from the United States Department of Transportation. Even when a low cost moving & storage company attempts to sway you with their prices, insist on seeing their license. Insurance helps when one of your items is broken during the move.
- Get a quote
Once you’ve verified that the moving company is genuine, registered, licensed, and insured, the next step is to get a quote and guaranteed delivery. Always get at least three quotes and choose the mover with the fairest deal.