Moving Companies in Lufkin TX
If you’re among the more than 35.1 million Americans planning a move this year, you may be wondering the best option for getting your possessions from Point A to Point B. Whether you’re relocating to or from Lufkin, Texas, your best bet is to hire professional movers. In fact, over 650,000 households across the United States choose to hire a moving company for cross-country moves.
So, if you’re in need of moving assistance in Lufkin, Texas, you’ve come to the right place. Allow Three Men And A Truck to handle every aspect of your relocation; that way, you can rest easy knowing that we will get the job done quickly, safely, and efficiently.
How Much Are Movers in Lufkin Texas?
When faced with the decision to hire movers or DIY the move, it often comes down to price. To make it worth it to hire a moving company for the job, many homeowners are looking for an affordable rate that will fit their budget. Therefore, the first question you are likely going to ask is: “how much are movers in Lufkin, Texas?”
The price you can expect to pay for moving assistance in Lufkin will depend on:
- Location: The specific locations that you will be moving to and from play a major role in your moving rate. More specifically, the distance that your possessions must travel to reach their final destination has a direct impact.
- Time: When it comes to the moving industry, timing is everything. As a general rule of thumb, the earlier you secure you Lufkin moving services, the better rate you will receive. Try to avoid late or last-minute bookings, as you will likely be charged a premium. Also, if you’re looking to save the most money, move during off-season. Off-season for the moving industry tends to be in the winter months.
- Demand: If you live in a major metropolitan area, you can generally expect the price to be much cheaper than if you live in a rural area. In less populated places, the demand for movers is typically much higher, meaning you may have to pay a 15 to 20 percent increase in price.
- Hours Worked: Like most home service jobs, the price you pay will depend on the time it takes to be completed. Prices are typically based on per hour and per man, meaning you will be charged by the hour and based on how many movers are needed. As a result, the larger your home and the more work that needs to be completed, the more it will cost for movers in Lufkin. However, keep in mind that most moving companies have two or three-hour minimums. Also, depending on the distance, some companies may charge a flat rate instead of per hour.
- Moving Services: Your overall moving rate will fluctuate based on the services you request. For example, if you opt to have your movers pack your belongings, you will be charged an additional fee. Or, if you have especially heavy or specialty items, these require more care and equipment to move. Any other add-ons will contribute to the price you pay for movers in Lufkin, Texas.
How to Hire Movers in Lufkin Texas
The first step in hiring professional movers is to find the right company for the job. Search the internet, ask around for personal recommendations, and start gathering quotes as early as possible. We always recommend beginning the process several weeks in advance to ensure that you get the best rate and secure your desired time frame. Also, be sure to collect quotes from multiple companies and request in-home estimates. This will allow you to properly assess the companies and make sure that you are getting the greatest deal for the services requested.
Do plenty of research on each company, evaluate all the estimates, and compare the bids. To avoid possible moving scams, be wary of the ones that bid much lower than the others. For high bids, ask questions to understand where all the costs are coming from. Once you’ve narrowed it down, make sure that the company is properly licensed and insured, and select your mover. Confirm the dates and all of the details of your move with the representative from your moving company. Also, be sure to secure a signed order for the services.
If you’re ready to get the process started, fill out our online request form or call the number at the top of the page. We’ll provide you with a FREE, no-obligation moving quote and answer any questions you may have about acquiring commercial movers in Lufkin, Texas.
What Happens Next?
In the days and weeks leading up to moving day, organize all your belongings. Try to get rid of anything you no longer need by donating or selling unusable items. This will save space in the truck and also save you a bit of money. Cancel all of your utilities bills and transfer services over to your new residence.
Then, secure packing materials and begin the packing process. Undeniably, packing can be the most time-consuming and stressful part of the entire move. If you’d rather avoid the stress, you can have your movers pack your possessions for you. If not, you can simplify the process by beginning early and spreading the packing out over several weeks.
When moving day rolls around, provide specific instructions to the mover for getting to your new home, make sure that you have their contact information, and secure a written copy of their inventory list. That way, you can verify and keep track of all of your belongings.
Frequently Asked Questions for Movers in Lufkin Texas
Can I hire someone to move furniture in the Lufkin area?
Yes, this is one of the services that our movers in Lufkin, Texas offer. If you’d like to have your furniture rearranged or if you just purchased an antique piece and need it brought home, we can assist you.
Should you tip movers?
Generally speaking, you should tip your movers based on their performance. It shows them that you appreciate their help and are rewarding a job well done. Movers who have been thoroughly attentive, helpful, and professional throughout the process deserve rewarding. If you are going to tip, it’s typically best practice to give each crew member an equal amount. As a guideline, most will tip their movers between 5% and 10% of the final moving costs. For example, if your entire move costed $1,200, you would tip each of your movers at an amount beginning at $60.
How far in advance should I contact movers in Lufkin, Texas?
This is typically one of the most frequently asked moving questions. It is very common for folks to not be aware of when they may have to move, meaning it can be difficult to schedule in advance. However, if possible, it is best to start contacting movers at least a month prior to moving day. The earlier the better, as you will receive the best rates, have more time to research companies, and secure your desired day much easier.
How long will it take to move my home?
Every move is unique and the time it takes to execute can vary significantly. In general, the time it takes to move a home depends on its size and the distance that must be travelled.