Moving Companies MD Rates
One of the primary concerns among those who hire a professional mover for their relocation is how much it’s all going to cost. The moving process requires careful planning, and financial preparation can be the most significant consideration of all. When moving, receiving the most accurate cost estimate from a mover is highly dependent on them having all the necessary information. It is nearly impossible to provide an all-inclusive average Maryland moving price since so many factors come into place. However, that’s not to say that average cost estimates aren’t helpful when planning out the budget for your Maryland move.
If you’re looking to obtain a better understanding on movers in Maryland prices, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve outlined all the factors that will affect the cost of your move, how to get an accurate moving quote, and provided you with some rough estimates.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Maryland Move
Whether you’re moving to or from the state of Maryland, or virtually anywhere else in the nation, it can be difficult to provide an exact moving cost without the necessary information. When Maryland movers estimate the cost of your relocation, they must factor in a number of variables. The following are some of the major factors that will affect the cost of your Maryland move:
- Distance: As you might already expect, the longer the distance of your move, the more it will cost. Local moves are generally priced by with hour, with an hourly minimum. In some cases, you may also be required to pay a travel fee to account for the time it takes your movers to drive from the warehouse to each location and back. Long-distance moves, on the other hand, are typically charged a flat rate fee. That way, you are aware from the beginning what your final costs are going to be.
- Home Size: Larger homes are most often filled with more belongings, meaning they will take longer to move. For example, moving out a studio apartment usually takes about two to three movers and three to five hours to complete. Whereas, moving out of a three-bedroom home will require four movers and up to 10 hours to complete. For the long-distance moves, the flat rate will typically be determined by the weight of your items in the moving truck, which is a direct correlation to your home’s size. Similar to distance, the larger the move, the more it will cost.
- Moving Date/Time of Year: The time of year and specific date that you choose to move on will directly impact the cost of your Maryland move. Since summer is the busiest and most popular time of year to move, you can expect to pay more. You may be able to strike a deal by avoiding peak season and choosing a moving date during the “off-season” between October and April. When it comes to hourly rates, they are usually more expensive on weekends than during the week. Additionally, prices tend to be slightly more affordable in the middle of the month.
- Additional Services: Selecting additional services such as packing, unpacking, and disassembling and reassembling your furniture will add on to the overall cost. You may also incur charges for packing supplies, storage, long carry, or shuttle trucks. If you add on any services other than the traditional loading, hauling, and unloading of your belongings, expect to pay more.
- Specialty Items: If you own a pool table, piano, hot tub, safe, motorcycle, or other bulky, oddly shaped or high-valued items, this will directly impact the cost of your Maryland move. This has to do with the fact that these particular items require superior care, specialized equipment, and can be costly to move.
How Much Do Movers in Maryland Cost?
As previously mentioned, estimating the cost of a move can be tricky. However, it is possible to find ballpark, rough estimates for Maryland moving prices. On average, hiring professional movers in Maryland for a local move will run you from $300 to $1,500 depending on the size of the move, and the other aforementioned factors. For local moves, companies typically charge by the hour with rates ranging from $50 to $500 an hour. The actual hourly rate you pay will be based on the number of movers are required to execute the job.
Whereas, long-distance moves to or from the state of Maryland will cost an average of $2,400 to $5,000, depending on the size of the move, and other above-mentioned factors. For long-distance moves, companies will usually charge by the weight (per pound) or volume of your household items. With that being said, the cost to move a home can range from $600 to up to tens of thousands of dollars depending on the distance and size of the specific relocation.
The table below outlines very rough price estimates based on historical moving cost information:
|1 bedroom||2-3 bedrooms||4-5 bedrooms|
|Less than 50 miles||$240 – $675||$710 – $1,400||$1,100 – $4,900|
|250 miles||$800 – $2,300||$1,400 – $3,950||$2,050 – $4,700|
|1000+ miles||$950 – $2,900||$2,100 – $7,800||$4,900 – $8,100|
|2500+ miles||$1,300 – $3,800||$3,400 – $7,900||$8,400+|
Keep in mind that the actual cost of your individual move will vary. The best way to obtain the most accurate price for movers in Maryland is to contact a professional moving company directly for a customized quote.
How to Get an Accurate Maryland Moving Quote
Movers in Maryland offer a number of ways for you to receive a cost estimate for your upcoming relocation. The most reliable methods are as follows:
- Online estimate: So long as you provide very specific and detailed information to your mover, you can receive an accurate moving estimate online. These details include the date of your move, the size of your home, the specific furniture items in each room, the date of your move, and any additional services your move may require.
- Phone estimate: If you prefer to speak with someone over the phone, you can call the moving company directly and provide the detailed information verbally. Using this information, the moving specialist will be able to craft a custom moving estimate based on the number of movers required and the time it will take to complete the move.
- In-home estimate: To receive the most accurate moving quote possible, and in-home estimate may be necessary. This allows your estimator to conduct a visual survey of your entire property. During the estimate they will determine access to the home, assess the need for specialized equipment, and so much more. In-home estimates generally take between 30 minutes to an hour, including time for answering any questions you may have about the moving process. Make sure that you ask plenty of questions and be as detailed as possible with regard to the items in your home you want moved.
If you’re looking for quality movers in Maryland to provide you the services you need at low prices, look no further than Three Men And A Truck. We understand that pricing is often the most important factor when selecting a moving company. This fact is why we offer competitive rates and low hourly minimums to all of our customers.
Contact us today for your FREE, no-obligation moving estimate and find out how you could save up to 20% on your next Maryland relocation!