Movers Rochester to Florida
Moving Companies Rochester to Florida
One of the many reasons people choose to live in Rochester is affordability. The cost of living in Rochester is significantly lower than the national average. As a result, your monthly payslip can do a lot more than in many other areas in New York.
Unfortunately, though, Rochester also has some of the highest property taxes in the country. Whereas the average property tax in New York is just 0.95%, which is affordable, and about 3.22% in Monroe, which is high but still not so bad, Rochester charges a massive 6.42%. It makes it very expensive to own property in Rochester.
If you’re looking to move to a more affordable place without losing the perks of living in a high-end neighborhood in a state with a diverse culture, you should consider relocating to Florida.
Why move from Rochester to Florida?
Florida isn’t perfect. The higher-than-average crime rates are always a worry, and the state is known for natural disasters, including hurricanes and sinkholes. However, if you can find the right neighborhood, it’s one of the best places to raise a family and do business in the US. Here’s why;
- The weather: Florida has arguably one of the best climates in the US. It feels like summer throughout the year in areas such as Tampa, where the sun shines at least 250 days a year. By comparison, Rochester only gets about 165 sunny days per year.
- 700 miles of beaches: If you’ve always dreamed about beach life, there’s no better place to experience it than Florida. With 700 miles of beaches and the sun shining pretty much throughout the year, every day feels like a holiday in Florida.
- Job opportunities: Recent studies show that Florida has the seventh-best economic outlook. The economy is mainly driven by tourism, agriculture, international trade, and aerospace. In 2018, for instance, 128 million tourists visited Florida.
- No state income tax: The best part is that Floridians don’t pay individual income tax. Meanwhile, New York charges a 6.85% income tax, with higher earners paying up to 10.9% in income tax.
Preparing to Relocate to Florida from Rochester
If you’re convinced that Florida is the place to be, you need to begin preparing for the relocation. We also advise that you begin planning as soon as you find out you’re relocating. Consider the following;
- Visit the new community: Make sure to visit Florida at least twice before the actual move to familiarize yourself with the area, identify the best city to live in, and pick a great neighborhood. This is also the time to find out about rents and property prices in the area.
- Start seeking a mover: Although there are hundreds of Rochester long-distance movers to relocate you to Florida, starting early can be very beneficial. It gives you time to find the most reliable apartment mover. Moreover, you’ll typically pay more for a last-minute move.
- Begin to pack early: Acquire packing supplies at least four weeks out and begin packing whatever you can immediately. As you do so, identify the items you don’t need and either dispose of or sell them. This is also the time to ask friends and family to help out.
A few other things to keep in mind are the moving budget and storage. The average cost to move from New York to Florida is $3,000 to $6,000. The actual cost will vary depending on the volume of the move, the actual distance, and whether you need extras such as car shipping and office relocation. Always keep an eye out for moving scams.