Movers South Africa to CA
South Africa can be a great place to live. First off, the cost of living in SA is much cheaper than other first world countries. It means that you can enjoy high standards of living without burning a hole in your pocket. The weather is also excellent. The entire SA experiences sunshine round the year – including during winter.
Above all, South Africa offers attractive landscapes, including a 1,600-mile coastline that stretches from Namibia and the Atlantic Ocean, around the tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas, to the Mozambique and Indian Ocean. The flora and fauna are another that that can make you want to live there forever.
However, if you must leave, specifically, for the US, you should consider relocating to California on the west coast.
Why Live in California?
California is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It’s about the size of South Africa, which restricts your movement a little. Whereas South Africa measures about 471,000 square miles, the State of California is about 163,700 miles square. However, California offers an even better life (though also a little more expensive) while offering nearly the same landscape and weather. Furthermore, California offers;
- A much bigger economy: If you’re thinking about starting (or continuing) your business after immigrating, then California is the place. It has massive economy. This doesn’t always guarantee business success. But it means there’s a greater chance of success.
- Unmatched entertainment: Many people today consider nightlife a vital consideration when moving. California’s entertainment industry means you’ll never have to worry about nightlife. The South California (SoCal) are is pretty much a party zone.
- Excellent public amenities: California also offers world class public amenities. It has some of the world’s best schools and hospitals. The transport system is also excellent. It can be a little expensive. But they are world-class facilities.
Moving the Right Way
Unfortunately, moving from South Africa isn’t small task. The distance between the two is a staggering 7,137 miles – and that’s when flying. Now, imagine when you have to ship items and by road and sea. It can take at least a few weeks to complete the move.
Fortunately, national movers can handle the move without much trouble. But, you have to prepare adequately and find the right mover. Assuming that you’ve selected the area you want to live and prepared the necessary immigration paperwork, we recommend the following;
- Get recommendations on the best movers
You can easily get recommendations online and offline from friends, family, and your social circles. Ask your Facebook and Instagram friends to recommend the best international moving company. If that doesn’t work, search on Google.
- Do a thorough research on each candidate
We recommend shortlisting 3-5 movers and doing your research to determine the best among them. Among other things, you want a licensed and insured mover. That way, you’re protected in case a few items break or are lost during the move. Also, make sure the company has a physical address.
- Keep an eye out for the red flags
Unfortunately, the moving industry is full of scammers and other criminals out to con unsuspecting families of hard earned money. Sometimes these scams are elaborate and complex rackets that can be difficult to untangle. Always keep an eye out for red flags. For instance, never make huge deposits in advance. Also, don’t fall for “movers” who want to complete the deal over the phone.