Moving Trucks Near Me – The Pros & Cons Of Renting A Truck To Move
If you’ve been searching for “moving trucks near me” to rent for a DIY move, you may be wondering what kind of prices you’ll pay to rent a truck, and be exploring other options for moving to a new home. In this guide from Three Men And A Truck, we’ll take a look at a few of the pros and cons of renting moving trucks for a DIY move.
The Pros Of Renting A Truck To Move
Wondering why you may want to rent a moving truck to do a DIY move? Here are 3 of the biggest benefits of doing so.
- You’ll save money – You don’t have to hire or pay movers, which can be quite costly. While you will have to spend money on packing supplies, renting a truck, gas, and other costs, DIY moves still tend to be cheaper because you’re providing your own labor.
- Move on your schedule – As long as there are plenty of vans and trucks to rent near you, you can move whenever you want. You won’t be locked into the schedule or availability of a moving company, and won’t have to worry about your movers being late or not showing up at all.
- You get more control over your stuff – From fragile heirlooms to valuables and furniture, you’re in full control of how you pack, load, and protect your stuff, and some people prefer this.
The Cons Of Renting A Truck To Move
Renting a truck to move is not always the best option. Here are a few reasons you may want to reconsider if you’ve been searching for “moving trucks near me.”
- Arranging for moving help can be tough – You will need the help of friends or family members to unload or load your moving truck, in most cases, and this can be hard to work out, particularly if you’re moving across the country.
- You may get injured – Moving is physically demanding, and many people get injuries like back strains, broken fingers, and other such injuries when moving.
- Your belongings won’t be insured – If your belongings are damaged while you move, there won’t be anything you can do about it. In contrast, movers provide insurance coverage that will compensate you if your stuff is damaged.
Stop Searching For “Moving Trucks Near Me” And Hire Three Men And A Truck Today!
A DIY move with a rented truck can be a great option if you’re on a budget, have people to help you move, and are comfortable driving a larger vehicle. But it’s not always the best option.
If you want to save a lot of time and headaches, you may want to hire a moving company like Three Men And A Truck. By hiring movers, you can avoid loading and unloading your own stuff, and leave it to the professionals.
Contact us now or call at (888) 908-6496 learn more about what we do and get a quote for your local or long distance move – anywhere in the United States!