New York to Atlanta Movers
New York to Atlanta Moving Companies
If you’ve decided to move from New York to Atlanta which is about 870 miles, it will most likely be a tough pursuit for a couple of reasons. There are several things you will need to do before the moving date.
One of the best ways to reduce the stress of moving is to hire good but cheap movers New York. You may just need to invest your time into finding reliable and affordable movers to move your belongings.
Cost of Moving from NYC to Atlanta
The rough estimate of moving from New York to Atlanta is between $3,500-$5000. Note that this total cost will depend on many variables including the size of the belongings, the time of the year, the size of your household, and which service you require.
The surest way to get an accurate estimate is to schedule a walkthrough with a licensed and insured interstate mover who can help you move today. They do not have to visit your home to be able to give you an accurate estimate; it can be a virtual walkthrough.
Types of Movers You May Need
- Full moving service: While this may be an expensive option, your money is going to save you all the stress. They help you with everything that involves your move including packing from the old place and unpacking at the new place.
- Self-service moving: with this, you are only required to hire a moving truck and an experienced driver. The hired truck will only be available after you have done your packing yourself. Once the driver drives your belongings to the new location, you will be responsible for unpacking your things. This is a cheaper option than hiring a professional mover but it is a more stressful route.
- Specialty movers: this service may be required if you have items that are either too large or delicate to be moved by yourself. Specialty movers have special equipment and experts to move the items.
Choosing a reputable mover
One of the easiest ways to ensure that you choose a reputable mover is to consider the pricing. There are usually very similar prices among legitimate companies as most of them calculate their rates based on the distance of your move and the weight of your belongings.
- Get several estimates. Getting several estimates will not only help you to compare prices, but it will also help you to establish a general range of cost and it will be easier to spot price outliers.
- The lowest estimate is not always the best. While you may be tempted to want to save money, selling the opportunity to handle all your possessions to the lowest bidder may not be a good decision. Therefore, be careful especially if that bid is significantly lower than the others.
- Read through consumer reviews. Reading through customer reviews will go a long way to protect you from fraudulent movers. Be careful of companies with numerous name changes. Ensure that you find a company that has a reputation of experience. The longer the history of the company, the better for you.
- Confirm that the company is registered. One of the easiest ways to confirm the legitimacy of a company is to find the companies registration. You can check with the U.S Department of Transportation to verify this.
- Ask people for recommendations. People move from time to time and if you can just ask family, friends, and even co-workers, you will likely have some recommendations.