Small Load Moving Companies In Chicago
Whether you need a moving company to help you move a couple household items and furniture, the contents of a studio apartment, some household appliances, or even a refurbished piano you purchased off of eBay, the small load movers at Three Men And A Truck can help. Fortunately, you don’t need to be moving out of a three-bedroom home or large estate to use our quality services. In addition to offering a wide array of moving and storage services, we specialize in performing small load moves in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. No move is too big, too complex, or too small for our small load moving experts to handle.
Instead of renting a moving truck or storage container and tackling the relocation by yourself (and possible a few friends), you can quickly and easily arrange our services for any type of small move – whether it be local, long-distance, or even international. We will consolidate your belongings to fit with other transfers and fill up the truck. This saves us on fuel, which ultimately cuts down the costs that you can expect to spend on your move. With Three Men And A Truck, we make it easy and affordable to find the moving solutions you need for your small load move in Chicago and beyond!
What Is A Small Load Move?
Before we proceed any further, you might be wondering if your move can even be considered “small load.” Well, in the moving industry, a small load move refers to any relocation that is under 2000 pounds. For residential moves, in most cases, a studio or one-bedroom apartment often qualifies as a small load move. Of course, this will largely depend on how the square footage of your place and how much stuff you have to move.
Small load movers can also transport household appliances, furniture and a variety of specialty items like hot tubs, pianos, personal safes, pool tables, and more. A very common type of small move are the average college student or dorm relocation, as these moves are far less than 2000 pounds’ worth of stuff. Ultimately, if the total weight of your shipment is less than a ton, it’s a small load move.
How Much Does a Small Move Cost?
Now that you know what exactly a small load move is based on moving industry standards, you’re probably asking yourself how much it’ll cost to hire small load movers. Obviously, this depends on a number of factors. On average, local small load moves can run you anywhere from $200 to $500. However, this is on the low end for moves that occur within 100 miles. Even if you only need to move a couple things, most moving companies have a minimum requirement. While you might only be hiring small load moving services to help you bring a piano up a flight of stairs, the company must cover the costs of sending out the movers with their truck to your location. With that said, make sure that you always inquire about the size of the crew, and minimum costs, and how you will be billed by the hour for your small load movers.
State to state, or a long-distance move, can often be executed for less than $1000. Again, this is going to depend on a number of factors – particularly the moving route. For example, if the destination is a popular or well-traveled it’ll be much easier for your mover to fill up their truck. However, you can expect to spend more if you’re moving a couple boxes to a tiny little town across the country, far off of a major highway route.
Additional services and fees that can contribute to an increase in the cost of your small move include:
- Professional packing services: This involves a team of movers coming out to pack all of your belongings for you. Though, you can also opt to only have them pack a few items. The price will vary based on how many movers the job will need and how long it’s expected to take.
- Problematic parking situation: If spots for the moving truck to park are significantly limited, the movers will have to spend more time carrying your items. This not only increases the time, but also the difficulty and the price of your move.
- Stairs: While this might be obvious it is often a hidden fee that will likely catch you by surprise when you’re going over your bill. If your place is on the third floor and doesn’t have an elevator, moving your belongings will be more challenging and time consumer. Therefore, you can expect to pay your small load mover a premium.
Small Load Move Specialists in Chicago
If you are planning a small job move in the Chicagoland area, Three Men And A Truck has the knowledge, experience, and skill to execute the job with ease. As one of the leading small load moving companies in the industry, you can count on us to get your belongings and furniture safely to their final destination. With over two decades of experience in the moving industry, we have honed our ability to tackle a wide range of moves.
So, whether you need to transport a few of your prized possessions to a loved one, move some high-valued paintings, electronics, and artwork, or have clothing and personal items delivered to your college student’s dorm room in and around Chicago, Three Men And A Truck has you covered!
The Small Load Moving Process
For all our Chicago small load moves, we deliver guaranteed move dates and added protection options. We also offer a range of additional services that can be tailored to fit the individual needs of your relocation, such as packing, unpacking, disassembling, assembling, and various third-party services. At Three Men And A Truck, we have a tried and true process for Chicago small load relocations, and it starts with a free, customized quote.
- Receive your free small load moving estimate: Upon the first interaction, we will collect all of the details about your upcoming move and determine and add-on services that you may require. Based on your needs, our moving experts will craft you a customized moving plan and estimate of your moving costs.
- Before moving day: You will be assigned a personal move coordinator who will be your single point of contact throughout your small load move. They will be available to answer all your questions, provide helpful moving tips, and contact you to provide you with a four-hour window for moving day.
- Moving day: On moving day, our small load movers will arrive to your home and safely load all of your possessions into the moving truck. They will then take inventory of your shipment and it will be transported to its final destination. Alternatively, if your delivery date is in the future, your belongings will be brought to one of our secure storage facilities until the delivery date arrives.
- Delivery day: Last but not least, your move coordinator will provide you with a two-day delivery window for your items. We will then call you the day before to let you know that your small load movers are on their way to deliver!
If small load movers Chicago is what you need, contact Three Men And A Truck today by filling out our online request form or calling our office directly. We’ll get the estimation process started, provide you with your free, no-obligation quote, and tell you how you can save up to 20% when you move with Three Men And A Truck!