Student Moving Companies Near You
Whether you’re a spry freshman or going into your final year of college, our team of professional movers have your back! At Three Men And A Truck, we offer over thirty years of experience and full-service student moving services that can make your transition to college as effortless as possible. In our years of experience in the moving industry, we have helped students move into and out of both on- and off-campus housing. It would be our pleasure to assist you on move in day. We can help you with everything from the packing and unpacking, to disassembly and reassembly of furniture, heavy lifting of large items, and everything else in between.
If you’re in search of great “student movers near me,” give Three Men And A Truck a call! You can rest assured that your belongings will be in good hands and moved safely, securely, and on time.
We understand, that as a student, college moves can be difficult. This is especially true when there are stairs, elevators, or narrow hallways that your possessions must pass through. Don’t stress about bribing your friends with beer and pizza to help navigate these situations – call us to get it done!
Whether you’re a first-year student living in a dorm room, moving into a fraternity or sorority house, or setting up shop in an off-campus apartment or house, we offer full-service student moving services specifically tailored for college students. With more our more than thirty years of experience in the industry, we always provide a level of customer care and service that is unmatched.
Your Dorm Room Movers
Undoubtedly, there can be a substantial amount of stress added to college moves, especially when they’re long-distance. With that being said, we always put the very specific needs of our clients first. If you’re moving into, or out of, a dorm room, this is a unique moving situation. Our team of highly-trained, professional movers know how to navigate up and down stairs, through tight corners, and in crowded spaces. By partnering with us, you’ll be able to eliminate the stress of trying to handle all of your items by yourself.
We are well-versed in the rules and regulations for most residence halls and student living facilities, and we will even do our homework on when and where we are permitted to park our trucks on bustling campus move-in days. Additionally, we understand that most residence halls run on a tight schedule when it comes to moving students in and out. Our team will ensure that all rules are followed while we, literally and figuratively, handle all of the heavy lifting for you.
Temporary Student Storage Solutions
In addition to our moving and packing services, Three Men And A Truck also offers a wide range of storage unit sizes to fit your temporary or long-term storage needs. Our facilities are conveniently located and purchasing our storage services can prove very helpful for college students.
A storage facility can be a great place to store your dorm room or college apartment furniture during the summer break, when you’re not living on campus. It can also be helpful to store all of your furniture after you’ve graduated and are searching for your first job and/or a new apartment to live in. If you are in need of a temporary, or even long-term, college storage solution, give Three Men And A Truck a call today! Or, fill out our online request form to receive more information about our moving services.
Student Moving Tips
When the end of the school year is looming, moving out is most likely the last thing you are thinking about. Between cramming for finals and partying it up with your friends, you’re not worrying about moving out of your dorm room or off-campus apartment. Even though you may be dreading going back home for the summer to live with your parents, with a little assistance, you can get your space organized fast and be packed up and ready to go home in no time! Here are some times to help you move out of your student housing effortlessly and efficiently:
- Book your movers in advance. Finding and hiring movers last minute can be almost impossible. Save yourself the headache by booking your movers as early as possible. That way, you can get the best deals and have time to focus on your exams.
- Make a list. While this may sound like a no-brainer, you’d be surprised at how many people don’t actually do it. Making a detailed list of all of your boxes, their contents, and even implementing a color-coding system based on the room is a great way to stay organized during the move. This will help you keep track of your stuff and ensure that nothing gets lost in the madness. Also, pack some of your essentials in a box labeled “Unpack Me First,” such as your sheets, toiletries, pillows, cookware, and anything important you may need immediately when you get home.
- Take pictures. Taking pictures can save yourself the hassle of trying to figure out how to set up your TV again. Also, if you’re moving into a new place for the summer, be sure to take pictures of it completely empty to document its condition before you get settled.
- Pack heavy items in luggage. Why waste wheels on light items when you can use them to your advantage. Place things like picture frames, books, cookware, and any other heavy items in your wheeled-luggage. This will make moving these items much easier and your back will thank you for it!
- Tape your drawers in place. It’s pretty unnecessary to pull your clothing out of your drawers to pack them when they’re already neatly organized. Instead, use saran wrap or tape to keep the doors shut and the contents in place during your move. This can be especially helpful if you’re moving in a rush. When it comes time to unpack, simply remove the saran wrap or tape and you’re done!
- Protect glassware with linens. You can save money on packing paper and bubble wrap by wrapping breakable items in socks and linens. Then, line the boxes you place these items in with blankets for added protection.
- Bag your hanging clothes. This is the most efficient way to pack your clothes because it takes virtually no time to pack and unpack them. Place your clothing into a clean trash bag, while they are still hanging up and tie them at the top of the hanger.
Student Movers Near Me
As you make the move to or from college living, the affordable moving services at Three Men And A Truck are perfect for you. We have the ability to transport your items wherever they need to go, whether it’s down the street, across town, or across the country. Our professional packing services can help take a significant amount of stress out of the entire moving process, ensuring that your possessions make it safely to their new home.
If you stumbled on this page looking for “student movers near me,” your search ends here. Give Three Men And A Truck a call today for your FREE, no-obligation moving quote and to learn how you could save up to 20% on your next college move!