CA to AL Moving Companies
Anyone who’s lived there loves Alabama. From the breathtaking shorelines to some of the kindest neighbors you’ll ever meet, it’s truly the place to live.
Alabama is also attractive because of its ties to the early fights for freedom. It was the birthplace of the Confederate States of America, leading to the deadly Civil War. It’s also where Martin Luther King Jr., preached and changed history.
And who doesn’t know about Alabama’s local delicacies? From the Golden Rule Bar-B-Q in Irondale to Big Bob Gibson’s Barbeque in Dothan, the state offers regular treats for the locals. The Alabama Barbecue Hall of Fame tells the whole story.
Therefore, it can be a sad feeling you first find out (or decide) to relocate. Leaving behind the beautiful landscapes, rich musical heritage, and the football can be heartbreaking.
Why Move to California
Fortunately, California is just as good and vastly superior to Alabama in certain areas. Here’s why you should be upbeat about relocating to the Golden State;
- The weather: California has excellent weather. The state experiences sunshine throughout the year, even in winter.
- Natural beauty: California is the land of beauty. The sandy beaches and mountain ranges give it a spectacular feel. It also has dozens of natural parks.
- Strong economy: The state of California has the biggest economy in the US and firth largest economy worldwide. Therefore, there’s rarely a shortage of economic opportunities, including jobs, in the state.
- World–class entertainment: If you love going out to movies and music events, you’ll instantly fall in love with California. It’s the heartbeat of the entertainment industry in the US.
Choosing the Right Moving Company
Once you’re ready to relocate, you should take time to find the best state to state moving company. Consider the following;
If you know of someone who recently relocated to California from Alabama, ask them to recommend their mover. Alternatively, head to your social media networks and ask for recommendations from your friends and followers. If both strategies fail, make Google your best friend.
Research the movers
Make sure to research every moving company you’re considering to hire as your local moving help. Among others, you want to find out if they’re a genuine company. Do they have a physical address? Are they even registered? All genuine long-distance movers are registered with the Department of Transportation and have a US DOT number. The best movers also licensed and insured.
The average cost of relocating from Alabama to California is $3,760. This excludes cash shipping. However, the cost can vary from one moving company to the other. Comparing quotes from at least three movers can help you make an informed decision. If you want a cheap mover, consider movers with a truck. Renting a shipping container also cheaper than a full service moving company.
Keep an Eye Out for Red Flags
Moving scams are on the rise in the US and elsewhere worldwide. So, be extra careful lest you fall into one of the fraudsters’ traps.
- Never pay a deposit: The best apartment movers don’t take a deposit. Instead, they collect the whole fee on the day of moving or within two days of moving.
- Take note of negative reviews: If the mover has hurt others in the past, it’s likely that a few people have reported them with the authorities. So, you want to check the BBB and FMCSA. Also, check social media networks to get a feel of the mover’s reputation.