Cross State Moving Companies
Are you planning an upcoming relocation? If so, it’s always recommended to hire professional movers to assist you – especially when you’re moving to a different state. Moving is stressful, exhausting, and demanding enough as it is without all the added strain of relocating out of state. From packing up your whole life to finding the ideal home, interstate moves come with their own unique list of challenges, obligations, and moving parts.
With that said, unless you have the help of friends and family and feel like you’re up for this major endeavor, it’s best to look into placing your upcoming move in the hands of professional cross state movers.
What is Cross State Moving?
Cross state moving, or more commonly referred to as an interstate or long-distance move, is essentially a relocation that occurs from one U.S. state to another. With this type of move, your household or business goods will cross state lines – hence the name “cross state” moving. Additionally, any move that crosses state lines at any point can be considered a cross state move. Interstate moving is often confused with intrastate moving which, on the other hand, involves moving items within the same state.
Because of the increased fuel and labor costs, cross state moves tend to cost more than both intrastate and local relocations. In most cases, your moving company has to go through multiple toll booths which adds the travel expenses. Even if your interstate relocation is relatively short, your cross state movers are still required to have a USDOT number. This number is issued by the United State Department of Transportation and is a great way to help verify the reliability, experience, and skill of an interstate moving company.
Choosing Cross State Movers
When you need to relocate your home or business, your first consideration is the origin location and the destination location. A move from California to Nevada, for example, indicates the need for a professional cross state mover with interstate moving experience. In many cases, you’ll also want to consult with your cross state movers for storage solutions, if needed. This is common when there are delays regarding inspections or finalizing paperwork for home buyers. It may also occur with industrial and commercial businesses who need to carry out an interstate move and the new facility may not be cleared yet for occupancy.
Regardless of your specific interstate moving needs, you should choose your cross state movers based on their years of experience, customer service reputation, and the ease of acquiring a moving estimate.
The Leader in Cross State Moving
When it comes to interstate moving companies, we understand that you have many options to choose from. Fortunately, Three Men And A Truck meets all the necessary qualifications for reputable and reliable cross state movers. With over two decades of experience, a reputation for exceptional customer service and professionalism, and extensive knowledge of cross state relocations and regulations, Three Men And A Truck delivers the assurance of an effortless move.
With us, you will enjoy the convenience of free, simple, accurate and affordable cross country moving estimates. That way, there are never any surprises, you know exactly what your move is going to cost, and you can budget accordingly. Whether your cross state move is residential or commercial, you’ll receive a moving coordinator to help you with every step of the process.
Tips for a Successful Cross State Move
Choosing the right moving company and the services you need for your cross state move are just a piece of the puzzle. To ensure that your move goes as smooth as possible, follow these tips:
- Declutter and purge. Generally speaking, the more stuff you have, the more it’ll cost to move it. So, to save money and make your cross state move more efficient, cut down on the number of things you need to move. Go through your home and sell or donate the items you no longer need or use. Not only does this lower your cost of moving, the extra cash you could make on selling your stuff will certainly come in handy during a cross state move.
- Organize and itemize. Roughly six to eight weeks before your cross state move, you can start packing up the items that you won’t need until after your move – including decorative items, photo albums, books, and off-season clothing. Label each box with the corresponding contents and room. Doing this task in advance will help you determine what additional materials and boxes that you’ll need.
- Clean your old home and prepare for your new one. About four weeks out from your move, arrange for your cable and utilities to be turned off in your old home and switched over to your new home. Make sure you also do some deep cleaning as you pack – especially if you rent to ensure you get your deposit back.
- Transfer mail and close necessary accounts. About a week or two before your move, you’ll want to start canceling your local gym membership and other applicable memberships and accounts. You should also submit a change of address with the post office to ensure that your mail gets forwarded to your new home.
- Pack valuables and take them with you. For items that are small, valuable, or very fragile, pack them carefully and, if possible, take them with you in the car to your new home.
A cross state relocation is no time to put off tasks until the very last minute. The tips outlined above should help you organize and plan out your moving tasks and a more manageable and systematic manner. If you need more help, you can always count on the moving experts at Three Men And A Truck to make your move a more streamlined and less stressful process.
Contact Three Men And A Truck today to receive your free quote for cross state movers in your area and find out how you could save 20% on your upcoming relocation!