The economy is on a turn around. Many an investor is thinking about where to put their money to open up that extra revenue stream. If you are a resident of Harvey who has an interest in the moving business, you most probably have come across the name Three Men And A Truck. An industry expert from the firm takes you through the scope of the moving business below.
Long Distance Moving
The term long distance moving is synonymous with terms such as haulage, and freight forwarder. The business of these entities is simply to relocate cargo from one point to another. The logistics involved here will typically involve hauling cargo via a semi- trailer. A long distance mover such as, Three Men And A Truck, is distinct from a local mover by two services they offer, namely:
- Interstate Movement: This involves hauling cargo using semitrailers and the cargo being hauled could range from automobiles to office supplies.
- International Moving: This involves crossing federal lines and the access points are inland /dry ports and container freight stations. This angle of the business also involves the player working closely with customs agents and freight forwarders.
A local mover will move cargo within the state. The logistics involved here could involve the use of a pick- up, van or even a semi- trailer if the cargo involved is voluminous. Local movers are at the hearth of the community and are considered to be part and parcel of small and medium based enterprises. A local mover could be a one man outfit, a family owned business and/or a professional entity in the industry such as Three Men And A Truck.
The Business of Moving
Prior to engaging a mover there are a number of things that a client ticks off their checklist. These are as follows:
- Quotation: Professional movers always provide a quotation for the job to be executed. This quotation will typically cover cost of labor, time, and distance that is to be covered. It is instructive to note that some local movers will charge a flat rate, more so if the distance to be covered is relatively small.
- Turn Around Time: This refers to the period of time it takes to complete a job. The computation could be the time it takes from an order to be placed up to the point where the cargo is unloaded at the point of relocation.
- Insurance: The surest sign that you are dealing with an entity that will offer you a warranty for the protection of your goods is a vendor who offers you insurance. Top tier players like Three Men And A Truck should extend this warranty on every contract.
Hopefully you do get the distinction between a local mover and a long distance mover. The basics of the business are pretty straightforward. After this basic understanding ensures that at the basic minimum you are able to get clearance from all relevant government agencies and get the statutory licenses to venture into this business.
Cost & Time Examples For Moving To Or From Harvey, LA
|To / From Harvey||Distance||2 BR||3 BR||4 BR|
|Burbank, IL to Harvey, LA||829 miles||$2,222 – $3,358||$4,366 – $5,508||$5,508 – $9,016|
|Harvey, LA to Copple, TX||459 miles||$1,676 – $2,343||$2,937 – $4,204||$4,277 – $5,322|
|Pendleton, OR to Harvey, LA||1893 miles||$3,624 – $4,841||$5,226 – $7,876||$7,996 – $11,173|
|Harvey, LA to Toltec, AZ||1282 miles||$2,746 – $3,737||$3,777 – $5,890||$5,991 – $8,545|
|Pensacola, FL to Harvey, LA||174 miles||$1,176 – $1,838||$2,223 – $3,135||$3,135 – $4,974|
|Harvey, LA to Houma, LA||46 miles||$911 – $1,115||$1,304 – $1,700||$1,714 – $2,401|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors. Get a quote custom-tailored to you
- Louisiana Household Goods Moving
- Protect Your Move
- How to change your mailing address and utility services
Harvey, Louisiana includes ZIP codes: