Moving Companies Chicago to Jersey City
Moving can be stressful, tedious, and overall expensive, especially moving long distance from Chicago to New Jersey. Thoughts of the hassles involved alone have been the determining factor for many who have considered moving from state to state. However, it doesn’t have to be for you. This article covers everything you need to make even your last-minute moving stress-free. Regardless of the reasons why you are considering moving from Chicago to Jersey city, this information will prove valuable.
Types of movers
There are different types of moving companies that specialize in different movement types. They are classified based on the distance they cover, their services, and the goods they move. They include the following.
- Local moving companies: These typically move within 100 miles and within the same state. On average, local moving companies charge by the hour and between $30-$40.
- Long-distance moving companies: Long-distance movers are considered interstate and intrastate moving companies. These types of movers cover any distance over 100 miles.
- International moving companies: International movers are moving companies that make cross-country trips. This type of movement is complex and requires a lot of paperwork. Due to its complexity, we recommend you only consider highly experienced companies for this type of movement
- Commercial movers: Commercial movers are a technical bunch that specializes in moving equipment and products. This is the type of moving companies businesses call when they need to move their office space to a new location.
- Household movers: Household movers are moving companies you hire when moving to a new apartment. They are a handy bunch if you have awkward and delicate items on your properties.
- Fine art movers: Paintings, Jars, antiques, and other art forms are delicate items that require special care in packing and moving. Fine art movers are the ones to call when you need items like these moved.
- Full and partial moving services: Moving comes in several forms. These include parking services, loading and unloading, and storage services. A full moving service covers the entire process of your movement. From parking to shipping. However, should you want to cut costs and have moving labor, you can opt for a partial moving service. You can decide which of the moving phases you did like to cover and pay for the others. This can also be called a self-service movement.
What to consider when moving from Chicago to Jersey City
It doesn’t matter if you are a business looking to move your office from Chicago to Jersey City, an individual looking for a job opportunity in Jersey or simply looking to raise a family in the number one state in the country to raise a family. No matter the reason, these are the first things to consider when moving or considering a move from Chicago to Jersey.
Chicago to Jersey city is no small distance; 12 – 20 hours to be exact and up to 800 miles drive. For this kind of cross-country move, you need long-distance movers. While the distance can have you running multiple what-ifs in your head, there isn’t a problem with this kind of movement when you hire the right interstate movers.
Cost of moving
How much of a dip will moving from Chicago to Jersey city put on your finances? This is probably the first question everyone who has ever made the move asked. While the answer is complicated, here is an overview of the moving cost. Interstate movers charge based on average weight as well as the distance to be moved as opposed to flat rate movers or hourly rates used by local movers. For an average weight of 7400 pounds and a distance of 1225 miles, moving will cost you between $4300 and $5000. Considering Chicago to Jersey is less than 1000 miles, you can find even cheaper movers for this distance.
Ensuring your luggage is safe especially when you have delicate items is a top priority for all movers. If you are consistently worried about the safety of your belongings, check out our recommended full-service movers.
Choosing the right moving companies for Chicago to Jersey movers
Now you know what type of movers to opt for. The next question is how to choose the perfect moving company. Here are a few tips that might help.
Check online listings
Almost every business today has an online listing. The first thing to consider is to search your local search engine with keywords “Chicago to Jersey movers” or “interstate movers”. Highlight the first 3-5 companies you see and move on to the next step.
To validate the claims of the highlighted Jersey movers, check online reviews for each. See what others who have used their services have said about them before picking up the phone.
Ask friends who have made an interstate movement in the past
The best and most efficient way of choosing the right interstate movers is through a verbal referral from someone you know. Look out for friends or friends of friends who have moved from state to state and seek their recommendations.