U-Haul is a moving equipment and storage rental company that provides large vehicles to help people move their belongings from one destination to another. They offer local and international moving services to almost any port globally with U-Box storage containers.
This review provides all the essential information you need to know before renting a U-Haul truck and making a move.
- Various sizes:
U-Haul trucks come in several sizes depending on the volume of luggage to be transported. Specific sizes are designated for deliveries, college dorms and studio apartment moves, small houses, larger apartments, and 3 to 4+ bedroom houses.
U-Haul moving trucks are engineered to have their decks as close to the ground as possible. This design makes loading and unloading easier. Trucks designated for two-bedroom apartments and bigger houses come with a loading ramp that allows you to use a dolly to get things into the truck instead of lifting.
U-Haul trucks are equipped with tie-downs and rub nails to ensure that your properties stay safe and secure. Fragile items are kept in a compartment above the cab of the truck, separate from other belongings.
U-Haul truck moves are budget-friendly. Rental prices start at $19. 95, so you can be sure to get a good bargain.
- Unsatisfied customers: Despite the excellent overall review given by ConsumerAffairs, which combines unfiltered reviews from customers, there have been some complaints about performance. Some customers claim that the truck was not ready when they arrived and it arrived later than expected.
- Confusing price quotes: Prices might waver depending on the location and the agent in charge of the move.
- Hidden fees: Additional fees are a significant factor when using U-Haul. From fuel costs which could cost as much as $6o, to insurance and environmental fees.
- Reservations are not guaranteed: Your U-Haul reservation is not guaranteed until the day before you are scheduled to come and pick up the equipment.
- Limited seating options: Although this is not a disadvantage because U-Haul trucks’ work is to carry your belongings. The seating options are only for 2 to 3 people. You have to take your car if you are making a move with your family.
U-Haul is considerably cheaper than other full-service moving companies and is an affordable option. To ensure that you get the best, you can also go online to their website to get a quote and helpful resources to make moving easier for you.