Local Movers In My Area – How Much Will I Pay For A Local Move?
If you’re searching for “local movers in my area” to hire, you may be a bit lost when it comes to budgeting. There are lots of local moving companies out there, and they all have different pricing schemes. How can you know how much you’ll need to pay for a local move?
In this guide from Three Men And A Truck, we’ll help you learn the basics about how much local moves cost, and what factors affect your move.
Local Moving Fees Are Calculated Differently Than Interstate Moving Fees
If you’re moving across the country, you’ll usually be charged a flat rate for the entire project – like $4,000. This cost will include labor, wear & tear on the van or truck, the cost of fuel, and other such costs.
Local moving within the same city or metropolitan area is different, though. Usually, you’ll be charged a flat hourly rate for the time your movers spend loading up your stuff, driving it to the new location, and unloading it. If your movers charge $150 per hour and your move takes 5 hours, you’ll pay $750.
What Affects The Cost Of Hiring Local Movers In My Area?
Wondering how much you’ll pay for local movers in your area? There are lots of different factors that can affect the cost of your move.
- Total volume of stuff – The more stuff you have, the longer it will take to move it, resulting in a higher overall cost for your move. Downsize as much as possible to save on your move!
- Logistics complications – If you’re moving to a home on a narrow street, for example, the movers may need to unload your stuff into a smaller van to access your house. This will incur additional costs and fees.
- Number of movers – The more movers are needed for your job, the more you’ll pay. Even if the move doesn’t take as long because you’ve got 3 movers instead of 2, you will likely have to pay more if 3 movers are necessary to move very bulky or heavy items.
- Moving date – Moving demand peaks in the spring and summer, and on the weekends. If you move at an off-peak time, you will likely pay less overall for moving services
- Insurance – All local movers will carry some insurance, but this standard policy usually reimburses you at a flat rate per pound if something is damaged. if you have valuables, you may need to pay more for “full coverage,” which will cover the full value of all of your stuff.
Stop Looking For “Local Movers In My Area” – And Hire Three Men And A Truck Today
At Three Men And A Truck, we provide local moving services throughout the US at reasonable, flat rates. We’re transparent with our pricing, and always try to give you the best value for your money. So don’t wait – contact us online or give us a call at (888) 908-6496 to learn more and schedule your local move right away.