Three Men and a Truck offers high-quality moving services in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We serve residential and commercial customers with local and long distance relocation projects.
Contact us for any of the following:
- long distance moving
- local moving
- full-service movers
- international moving
- residential moves
- commercial moves
- corporate moving
- moving and storage
- movers and packers
- movers with a truck
- furniture moving
- military moving
- same day moving
Long distance movers in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A long distance move (of 100 or more miles) to or from Cambridge, Massachusetts, can be a challenging project. You are most likely trying to get the work done simultaneously with some other significant life transition like changing jobs or taking care of a family dynamic so that it can be stressful. Finding the right mover will ease the burden, and Three Men and a Truck would like to help. We offer these tips for choosing the best moving company for your relocation:
- Choose a mover registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Find out quickly by checking their search tool, called SAFER, for the company you are considering. Registered movers are licensed and insured. You can also review their safety history and any consumer complaints.
- Always get a written estimate, and make sure it is based on a physical review of the goods you are shipping. If a company suggests they can provide a reasonable estimate with a verbal description, don’t agree. The onsite survey is required and will result in a more accurate bid.
- Don’t automatically accept the lowest bid. Remember that you are trusting the moving company with your most important possessions and consider the quality of service in addition to the price.
Local Cambridge, Massachusetts moving companies
Most local movers are willing and able to take on many types of projects, from small jobs to large projects and commercial and specialty moves. Most will have a minimum charge that might be two or four hours, so make sure that you ask about that when you request an estimate.
Unless your move is very straightforward, you should ask the mover to complete a visual survey of the shipment. They can create a more accurate estimate of the cost after reviewing the contents. That visit is also a good opportunity for you to interview the mover’s representative and ask questions.
How much will it cost to move in Cambridge, Massachusetts?
The cost to move depends on the shipment size and the distance. You may be able to get a local move completed for under $1,000 in many cases, while long distance jobs are typically more. It’s best to gather estimates from several moving companies to compare before deciding on a vendor.
Cost & Time Examples For Moving To Or From Cambridge
|To / From Cambridge||Distance||2 BR||3 BR||4 BR|
|Cambridge, MA to San Diego, CA||2576||$4636,8 – $5924,8||$6697,6 – $8243,2||$8758,4 – $10304|
|Chicago, IL to Cambridge, MA||847||$1524,6 – $1948,1||$2202,2 – $2710,4||$2879,8 – $3388|
|Cambridge, MA to Houston, TX||1601||$2881,8 – $3682,3||$4162,6 – $5123,2||$5443,4 – $6404|
|Cambridge, MA to Miami, FL||1257||$2262,6 – $2891,1||$3268,2 – $4022,4||$4273,8 – $5028|
|Rochester, NY to Cambridge, MA||334||$601,2 – $768,2||$868,4 – $1068,8||$1135,6 – $1336|
|Seattle, WA to Cambridge, MA||2482||$4467,6 – $5708,6||$6453,2 – $7942,4||$8438,8 – $9928|
|Cambridge, MA to Milwaukee, WI||852||$1533,6 – $1959,6||$2215,2 – $2726,4||$2896,8 – $3408|
|Albuquerque, NM to Cambridge, MA||1965||$3537 – $4519,5||$5109 – $6288||$6681 – $7860|
|Cambridge, MA to Grand Rapids, MI||739||$1330,2 – $1699,7||$1921,4 – $2364,8||$2512,6 – $2956|
|Denver, CO to Cambridge, MA||1762||$3171,6 – $4052,6||$4581,2 – $5638,4||$5990,8 – $7048|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors. Get a quote
Are You Ready To Work With Three Men And A Truck?
Fill our simple form and get your free quote in a matter of minutes. custom tailored to you.
Cambridge, Massachusetts includes ZIP codes:
02138, 02139, 02140, 02141, 02142, 02163, 02238
Frequently Asked Questions
How Accurate Are Your Moving Estimates and Are They Considered Final?
It is only legal for companies to ask for fees and to provide written statements if they have already conducted an on-site inspection of your place. If they just gave you free quotations via phone call or web forms, and they’re already asking for a pre-service fee, you may contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to file a report or cancel any transaction with the moving company to avoid being a victim to fraudulent activities.
How Do I Know If My Move Is Local or Long-Distance?
Moves are considered local if their distance is below 100 miles. It usually is inside the same city or state. In comparison, long-distance moves exceed 100 miles and are either on the far end of the town or in a different state.
I Don’t Have Enough Boxes to Pack My Items. Where Can I Find Moving Boxes in Cambridge, Massachusetts?
You can find boxes inside the supermarkets and bookstores in Cambridge. If you don’t want to spend a coin, you can ask your family and friends if they have packages that they don’t use anymore.
What Documents Do I Need to Have with Me on the Day of the Move?
You must present the following documents during the day of the move:
● Inventory List
● Insurance Certificate
You should also present one or two of the papers below:
● Vehicle Registration Record (if you own a car)
● Driver’s License (if you’re a registered driver)
I Want to Add/Remove Some Services Before Moving Day. Is That Possible?
Yes, we allow our clients to add and/or remove some services before the moving day, but we also have to consider several factors to push through with the move:
● Restricted/Prohibited Items. If the items you are planning to add require specific documentation, you can still bring them to your destination, but we won’t be able to carry them during your scheduled moving day.
● The Weight of Your Items. If your current item load is already at its maximum weight, we won’t be able to carry the items you’re planning to add.
I Had an Emergency, and Now I Need a Last-Minute Move. Is That Possible?
Yes, we usually allow last-minute moves, but we still have to take into consideration several factors before we push through the changes, such as:
● Are You Booking During the Peak Period? If you are, then you should know that most service rendering companies are probably fully booked. This means that if you’re still willing to avail of the moving service, then additional costs might be a hindrance to you. If it isn’t, then companies might still not have any available trucks to move your items.
● How Far Are You Moving To? Is it a local or long-distance move? If you’re moving from one city to another, then we might be able to serve you, but if you’re planning to move to a different country, then any moving company in your place still won’t attend to your last-minute move. Your items might require specific documents to enter another country, which usually takes days to process.
Is There Anything That a Moving Crew Won’t Accept to Load?
Before you start packing everything you own, you should take into consideration which goods a moving company won’t bring. For safety reasons, Three Men And A Truck follows the protocols of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration so we apologize to let you know that we couldn’t carry the following items:
● Motor Oil
● Some Batteries
● Propane Tanks
● Scuba Tanks
● Pool Chemicals
● Paints and Nail Polish Remover
● Household Cleaners